ICE is the result of a big vision for the music industry. We sit at the exciting junction between technology, data and digital music consumption, addressing many of the industry’s biggest challenges. Based in the UK, Germany and Sweden, with a multi-national team of 250+ committed colleagues we are purpose-driven in our mission to enable accurate, transparent & fair compensation for songwriters and publishers on an international basis. We achieve this through our music licensing, processing and copyright services.
Our team negotiates deals with digital music services such as YouTube, Facebook, TikTok and many other services who rely on & benefit from music in their services; innovatively address the data challenges involved in analysing epic volumes of global usage data to match written songs to recordings and calculate royalties based on terms from licensing deals and consolidate complex song ownership data from multiple sources to provide the industry’s most authoritative rights picture, underpinning accurate songwriter payments from a wide range of sources, this work has seen us distribute more than €1bn in digital royalties to our customers since 2016.
At ICE we are guided in our working culture by our values, and a firm commitment to Diversity & Inclusion. Working at ICE means demonstrating Respect for everyone by understanding and celebrating our differences, embracing the Creativity that comes from different perspectives and achieving Excellence by bringing out the best in people who can bring their whole selves to work.
We work together, collaboratively, with equal participation and inclusion to do the best for our colleagues and customers.
You are responsible for:
- Provide the Licensing team with analytical support and market intelligence that assists with the licensing of digital music services.
- Create visually interesting and engaging data visualisations.
- Analyse internal and external data to provide answers to questions.
- Assist with data warehouse transfer, ensuring availability of accurate key information during process.
- Produce and present regular reports to ICE rightsholder on music market trends and performance of their repertoire.
- Perform revenue modelling to estimate royalty values from licensed digital music services.
- Provide insight about various countries and music consumption within them.
- Perform data quality assurance checks across multiple data sources to ensure accuracy and validity in results.
- Keep up to date with industry news, facilitating internal discussions and making key people aware of new developments.
- Help Licensing team to maximise royalties and ensure timely pay-through to rightsholders.
- Attend industry events to collect and collate business intelligence.
- Build working relationships with business partners, using face-to-face meetings, phone contact and tailored analytical seminars as required.
- Data analysis in a commercial setting, offering insights to steer business actions and spread knowledge.
- Solid Excel or Power BI skills, with experience of SQL and other analytical programming languages beneficial.
- Communicating results to audiences in various forms – reports and presentations.
- Good knowledge of the online music and associated wider tech industries.
- Analysis – ability to spot patterns in data and make linkages to real world causes and impacts.
- Quality checks – ensure that data makes sense and address any erroneous or duplicated values.
- Willingness to develop a level of understanding of the digital music market’s financial dynamics, and their impacts rights holder revenues.
- Ability to set, communicate and meet deadlines.
- Detail-orientated analytical approach. Must enjoy problem solving and making sense of new developments.
- Interest in music, licensing, music industry and rights, and music-related tech.
- Basic understanding of music royalties and rights flows.
- Interest in learning licensing practices and processes.
- Passion for interesting analysis on a range of topics – music services, countries, user behaviours, tech developments, copyright.
- Ability to simplify complexity for a range of audiences including internal leadership team, commercial partners and non-specialists.
- Able to consider various factors and develop practical, innovative and creative solutions as required.
- Works with business goals and priorities in mind.
- Able to manage own schedule and plan effectively.
- Collaborate effectively with partners, stakeholders, and across the organisation.
- Ability to communicate well both internally and externally at all levels.
- Confident and approachable.
- Promote and support innovative thinking and a flexible approach.
- Consider opportunities to add and maximise value to the business.
We offer You:
- Up to 10% discretionary bonus
- 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Income protection
- Dental care
- Subsidised gym membership
- Study Support
- Eye care vouchers
- Season ticket loan
In order for us to consider your application, we ask you to submit the following:
Your current CV
If your experience and capabilities match our required qualifications outlined above, we are very much looking forward to your application (only online). Please include your earliest available starting date.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and any other protected characteristic.
We are committed to making all stages of our recruitment process accessible to candidates with disabilities. Please speak to our recruitment team and we will work with you to make reasonable adjustments to ensure you can perform at your best throughout your application.