ICE is the result of a big vision for the music industry. We sit at the exciting junction between technology, data and digital music consumption, addressing many of the industry’s biggest challenges.
We are purpose-driven in our mission to enable accurate, transparent & fair compensation for songwriters and publishers on an international basis. We achieve this through our music licensing, processing and copyright services.
Our Online Processing team innovatively address the data challenges involved in analysing epic volumes of global usage data to match written songs to recordings and calculate royalties based on terms from licensing deals. We collaborate widely across the industry to develop best practice.
Our Copyright experts consolidate complex song ownership data from multiple sources to provide the industry’s most authoritative rights picture, underpinning accurate songwriter payments from a wide range of sources.
Based in the UK, Germany and Sweden, with a multi-national team of 250+ committed colleagues working together each day to benefit rightsholders, this work has seen us distribute more than €1bn in digital royalties to our customers since 2016.
To work at ICE is to be part of modern working environments and practices. We are guided internally by our values of Excellence, Creativity and Respect and are committed to Diversity & Inclusion.
To expand our team we are looking to hire a Business Services Analyst (m/f/g) in our Berlin office
You are responsible for:
In partnership with the Copyright Operations and Business Services Team, the Business Services Analyst supports the daily business by maintaining and coordinating all day-to-day topics between our IT, Product, and Copyright Operations department. Analysing workflows, trends, to provide guidance and support regarding business and technical dependencies.
The role will operate in a fast- paced environment that demands an ability to coordinate, analyse and maintain oversight of the steady growing expectations of the Copyright Services to strengthen internal processes.
Work in partnership with the Copyright and IT Team to understand and analyse the monthly processing requirements and the resulting reporting requirements alongside internal stakeholders to better understand and articulate monthly requirements and priorities.
- Liaise with ICE IT as the Copyright Operations Application Business Owner, define the expected business outcomes, represent the application in business strategy discussions and prioritise, review and approve application development according to the business requirements
- Represent Copyright Operations as one of the main stakeholders in the Cube Project and help to coordinate and improve developments and testing
- Support your teammates to operate and enhance reporting data consolidation tools to optimise processing efficiency
- Help to train and develop your teammates to ensure knowledge-sharing and support in Copyright is always top notch
- Organize and steer testing of copyright developments across multiple teams
- At least 3 years of work experience in the Copyright business, experience in working for a music publisher, record label or collecting society is a plus
- Professional credibility to work in a multi-disciplined, multi-cultural environment.
- Self-motivated with a bias for action and a keen sense of urgency
- Must possess the analytical qualities to make sound decisions, through the conceptualization and evaluation of different courses of action to meet or exceed operational goals
- Must have a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products with a strong emphasis in MS Excel and must have experience with relational database structures and Oracle SQL
- Fluent in English both written and spoken, German language skills are a plus but not a requirement
- Ability to manage commercially sensitive and confidential information with total discretion, tact and diplomacy
- Profound knowledge and understanding of the ICE online systems (LION, IMEX. MEGA, EXCON), the underlying data-structure as well as the business processes behind it is a strong plus
- Experience and contacts in the field of User Generated Content and the big DSPs shaping this field a plus
We offer You:
- A modern working space in an international environment
- Free drinks (e.g. Coffee, Tea)
- Free fruit on a regular basis
- BVG Ticket (AB)
- Flexible working times, Monday to Friday
In order for us to consider your application, we ask you to submit the following:
- Your current CV
- A cover letter outlining your salary expectations and motivations for the role
- If your experience and capabilities match our required qualifications outlined above, we are very much looking forward to your application (only online). Please include your earliest available starting date.