Hospital Records is an independent record label based in South London, UK. Primarily releasing drum and bass, the label was started in 1996 by Tony Colman and Chris Goss, and has grown in recent years to become one of the most well known labels within UK dance music.
The label is home to artists such as London Elektricity, Flava D, Metrik, Degs, Nu:Tone, DRS & Dynamite, Fred V, Grafix and Mitekiss but also releases tracks from a whole host of other artists across the drum & bass genre. From its HQ in Herne Hill, South London, Hospital also runs the publishing company “Songs In The Key Of Knife” and their worldwide events brand “Hospitality”.
As a company we celebrate diversity and are passionate about our colleague’s wellbeing. We are committed to our team and you will be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with.
Everyone is welcome at Hospital Records – are you ready to be part of this exciting journey with us?
Then read on!
About the job
We are currently seeking a proactive Finance & Royalties Assistant to support the Finance department/Royalties team in our London office.
This is a full-time position with a hybrid/flexible working policy
The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter, with an understanding of music copyrights and an eye for detail.
- Processing incoming and outgoing payments for all companies within the group.
- Bank account reconciliations.
- Oversee day to day operational queries with the bank.
- PRO Song registration and sub-publisher metadata delivery.
- Royalty statement processing.
- Neighbouring rights administration.
- Responding to artist and writer statement queries.
Job specific skills/technical skills/profile:
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of excel (Intermediate level)
- Interest in data management
Excellent eye for detail.
- Knowledge of music copyrights
- A keen interest in finance – Hospital Records is willing to fully support the successful candidate in accountancy training.
- A love for music!
We offer excellent benefits including:
- Structured onboarding
- Regular training & a personal learning and development plan
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme/counsellors 24/7
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Competitive Holiday allowance
- Monthly team building and wellness events.
- Hybrid/flexible working
- Access to our festivals and events
Hospital Records is prepared to train, invest in and develop the right candidate to become proficient in Finance/Accounts. Whilst providing an opportunity to develop your career inside our existing employment structure.
Everyone is welcome at Hospital Records and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject ‘Finance & Royalties Assistant’. Application Deadline: 30th May 2022 (please note we may close the application process early if we have received sufficient applications).
If you have not heard back from us within one week after the closing, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.