Horus Music Limited is a global digital music distribution and label services company. Established in 2006, Horus Music allows artists, labels, and right-holders to send their music to over 100 download, streaming, and interactive platforms including Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, YouTube, Deezer, VEVO, Beatport, Tidal, and many more around the globe, as well as offering digital marketing and playlisting opportunities.
We are seeking a Senior Backend PHP Developer with 5 years of experience to work with our IT team. Horus Music is a global music distribution company and has its own purpose-built cloud-based software to help clients with their needs. Home working is permitted.
- You ensure the software product functionality through web application development.
- You write clean code using the PHP PSR standard.
- You will pioneer our unique software solutions and will be the stakeholder for the development standards and norms.
- In doing so, you keep up to date about web development approaches.
- In our day-to-day operations you take charge of seasonal and non-seasonal web application development requests and work closely with the other frontend and backend web developers, QA tester, system admin and customer support to make sure that the task requests are accurately translated into web application improvements.
- Your project management skills are holistic and hands-on, you manage your projects independently, keep an eye on the resources and activate them as needed.
- Your work is based on a priority schedule organized by the project manager.
Required skills, experience, background
- Advanced all-skills development experience – at least 5 years or more!
- Advanced web development in PHP (OOP)
- Advanced experience with the newest version of Symfony framework and Symfony internals (knowledge level 5+ is a must!)
- Advanced knowledge with Git, MySQL DB (AWS RDS), Amazon S3 storage service, memory cache (Redis).
- Advanced knowledge with API calls.
- Good knowledge of SOLID, DRY and KISS coding principles.
- Good experience with Linux, Amazon Web Services and Docker.
- Basic knowledge of Frontend Web Development.
- Basic knowledge of Design Patterns in PHP.
- Some work should be done using jQuery, HTML and XML standards.
- Optional knowledge with OLAP (ClickHouse).
- You enjoy analyzing all the facts and information.
- You like to have everything in order.
- University degree is optional.
- Excellent working experience in the field of software development.
- Know-how in computers.
- IT team working methods and processes.
- Fit in MS Office or Google Workspace.
- Fluent in English.
- Communicative worker and team player with a structured and organized way of working.
What we offer
Our company offers you all the advantages of a successful, fast-growing, global company: remote job, dynamic work environment, considerable working freedom, work with a team based around the globe, authentic and open corporate culture and excellent development opportunities.