Hitco Entertainment, a music and entertainment company founded by LA Reid and Charles Goldstuck, is looking for a Staff Accountant to be based within its Beverly Hills office.
This is a temporary contract role with the potential to convert to a full-time employee.
The company launched in January 2018 and is primarily focused on the creation, production, recording, distribution and exploitation of recorded music and recording artist services.
We are committed to integrity, respect, creativity, passion and teamwork in everything we do.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for examining and processing accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department.
The accountant is also responsible for assisting with system implementations and monitoring project costs for tenant improvements at Hitco’s offices.
This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Play a critical role in implementation of a cloud-based accounting system and Concur Expense.
• Monitor and account for project costs associated with tenant improvement project relating to office build out.
• Create and enter journal entries into accounting system, including payroll and other operating expenses in an accurate and timely manner.
• Oversee accounting and payment of all mechanical royalties for physical and digital download revenues
• Process vendor invoices.
• Prepare bank reconciliations in an accurate and timely manner.
• Create purchase orders in an accurate and timely manner.
• Process expense reports in accordance with departmental procedures.
• Assist with month-end close; review and prepare accrual entries.
• Work with financial planning to provide actual vs. budget variance explanations.
• Prepare artist royalty statements.
• Assist in developing manuals for accounting department.
• Engage in critical and confidential aspects of accounting.
• Complete special projects as assigned.
• Minimum 2-4 years’ experience in an accounting function or CPA firm
• Proactive problem-solving skills and resourcefulness
• Organized and disciplined
• Ability to multitask and deliver under tight deadlines in a calm manner
• Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
• Ability to function in a demanding environment with competing and changing priorities
• Excellent communication skills
• Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office products
• QuickBooks experience a plus
• Concur Expense system experience a plus
• Bachelor’s degree and CPA required
• Experience in the music/entertainment industry required
Hitco Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) status: Temporary Contract Employee.