The Company launched in January 2018 and is primarily focused on the creation, production, recording, distribution and exploitation of recorded music and recording artist services.
Hitco is committed to integrity, respect, creativity, passion and teamwork in everything we do.
This fast-growing independent company has already signed an array of artists including buzzing up-and-comers such as SAINT JHN, Yella Beezy, and Delacey, as well as platinum-selling acts Big Boi (Outkast), Dinah Jane (Fifth Harmony), and Jennifer Lopez. HITCO has offices in Los Angeles and New York.
The General Counsel is responsible for providing or supervising strategic and tactical legal initiatives for all of Hitco’s legal and business affairs.
The General Counsel advises on company strategies and manages all aspects of the company’s legal functions. The General Counsel is directly involved in all business transactions and negotiating contracts.
The General Counsel will report to Charles Goldstuck, Co-Founder & Co-Chairman of the company.
- Manage the company’s legal and business affairs functions and A&R administration
- Render general business and legal advice to all departments within the company
- Ensure that the company conducts its business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Manage ongoing contractual relationships and handling all business affairs aspects for the company’s artist roster
- Analyze all third-party agreements and LOD’s
- Negotiate and prepare artist agreements, license agreements, NDAs, distribution agreements and other contracts.
- Review and clear visual content for commercial exploitation
- Manage intellectual property, including trademark, trade dress, and copyrights of the organization
- Coordinate with outside counsel in various matters, including with respect to the legal aspects of the company’s financing
- Review existing policies and develop new policies pertaining to legal matters
- Monitor all contractual obligations of the company
- Collaborate with A&R Administration and Finance to ensure adherence to artist royalty provisions
- Law degree (J.D.)
- Must be an active member of the California or New York bar
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working as an attorney in the music industry
- Possess strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent drafting, writing, judgment and analytical skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to respond to and interact with senior level creative and business executives in a professional, articulate, personable and helpful manner
- Ability to work independently, within a team-oriented environment
- Must be well organized and able to effectively prioritize and manage multiple complex time sensitive projects
- This position is based in Los Angeles and requires travel as necessary.
In addition to a competitive salary and paid holiday, vacation and sick leave, this full-time position is eligible to participate in the employer-sponsored health and dental insurance plans with employer shared premiums.
Hitco Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) status: Exempt.