Hipgnosis Songs Group seeks an Income Tracker that will be responsible for ensuring that all outstanding income is properly collected for the Company’s U.S. based operation.
They will be the main point of contact for all inbound client audits while also working closely with Department Heads to efficiently audit Royalty Sources of concern. The candidate will use their in-depth knowledge of music licensing, interactive streaming services, and digital platforms to document and confirm that the Company is being paid according to all statutes and licensing agreements.
The Income Tracker will have an analytical, results-driven orientation toward problem solving, and will apply an innovative yet rational approach toward complex matters without obvious solutions. The candidate will be fully comfortable sharing quantitative findings in both verbal and written communication to executives within the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Lead in the discovery and recovery of unpaid or underpaid royalties worldwide
- Communicate with Royalty Sources to redirect income and correct erroneous information
- Support management in preparation of royalty reports to review integrity of royalties processed
- Review controlled composition clauses, rate sheets and other terms as outlined in client recording agreements to guarantee accurate reporting from Sources
- Track licensing deals to ensure terms are being upheld
- Analyze income data and report on trends
- Desktop and Source auditing to review reporting of correct rates, units paid and usage types
- Communicate with sources to correct any discovered errors in reporting
- Prepare detailed reports on collection recovery, sales data, and royalty source accuracy
- Review Source Statements in coordination with Copyright to ensure song redirection
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years Royalties, Finance and Auditing experience in Music Industry
- Knowledge of both domestic and international Music Publishing business
- Proficiency in interactive streaming business and digital content platforms
- Ability to manage large workloads and prioritize demands and deadlines
- Excellent math and analytical skills
- Proven intermediate to expert level experience utilizing Tableau Desktop and Tableau Online
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Excel and Word)
- Operate with a high degree of confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Music Maestro experience a plus
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefits. Position available immediately and will be based in Nashville but open to Los Angeles-based candidates as well.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected].