VP of Royalties and Portfolio Analytics – Hipgnosis Song Management
Here at Hipgnosis Song Management (HSM) we’re hiring this exciting position to join our team. With a proven track record in data analysis and royalties, we are seeking a dynamic and experienced VP of Royalties and Portfolio Analytics.
HSM is one of the fastest growing managers of songs as an asset class in the world. We now manage $2.5bn worth of music assets, including iconic song catalogues of artists (including Blondie, Chrissie Hynde, The Chainsmokers, Shakira, Neil Young, Justin Timberlake, Leonard Cohen) as well as the songwriter talent behind global artists like Ed Sheeran, Beyonce, Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift.
Disrupters in our market, we have made songs an investable asset class and brought Hipgnosis Songs Fund to the public market via an IPO on the London Stock Exchange in 2018 and have ambitions to acquire many more catalogues over the next 2-3 years.
We not only acquire songs, we ensure our incredible songs are actively managed through all available platforms, channels and technologies.
In this crucial role, you will be responsible for architecting and leading an integrated royalty data and analytics function that is highly efficient and capable of delivering insights that drive strategic and data driven decision making. You will significantly input into the further development of HSM’s proprietary technology platform and will define what constitutes marketing leading capabilities for a music investment and song management company.
- Develop and refine processes, and strategies for highly efficient ingestion of music royalty data into our proprietary data platform and integration with our reporting tools.
- Lead the team responsible for royalty data ingestion and augmentation and ensure delivery of high-quality data within required timelines.
- Lead and build out the team responsible for portfolio analytics, delivering high quality portfolio reporting and insights for both internal and external stakeholders. Foster a culture of continuous learning and development.
- Work with HSM’s technology and data team to design and build out HSM’s proprietary technology platform.
- Lead HSM’s income tracking.
- Lead HSM’s outbound royalty reporting.
- Provide guidance and support to the analytics teams in interpreting complex Music Publishing, Artist and PRO royalty statements from various payors across multiple catalogues.
- Foster collaboration between internal teams, including Marketing, Sync,
- Finance and Data, to maximize data-driven insights and recommendations.
- Implement best practices for data accuracy and integrity by conducting regular data quality checks and providing feedback to Revenue Assurance with respect to ongoing audits.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and developments to provide relevant context to data analysis across both divisions.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and the implementation of new methodologies and techniques for data analysis.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of royalty collection and distribution processes, identifying opportunities for improvement and optimization.
- Drive the adoption of innovative technologies and tools to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of data analysis and royalty management processes.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with external partners, including royalty collection societies, digital service providers, and other relevant industry stakeholders.
- Represent the company at industry conferences, events, and forums, staying informed on emerging trends and technologies in data analysis and music royalties.
- Bachelor’s degree preferable.
- Minimum of 7 years of music industry experience in data analysis and royalties, with at least 3 years in a leadership position, preferably within the music industry.
- Strong knowledge of music royalty structures and revenue streams.
- Experience with data analytics.
- Expertise with Tableau or a similar platform for data visualisation and reporting.
- Proven experience with data ingestion platforms.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work with large, complex datasets.
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to present findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
Follow this link to find out more or apply: