Reporting to the SVP of VIP Nation, this role is responsible for the day-to-day management of VIP Nation’s touring rights, associated key relationships and its sales and marketing function.
Working closely with VIP Nation’s Accountant and Head of Operations, this role will manage the compilation of ‘the offer’ and related proposal material, the negotiation of rights and associated terms, management of the relationship, as well as the overall direction of the VIP Nation sales and marketing team; comprising three direct reports.
In this role you will be developing and managing relationships with key clients (entertainment Agents, Managers and Promoters in Europe and the US) as well as Live Nation/TicketMaster Marketing teams, internal and external stakeholders, commercial partners and ticket brokers.
You will ensure the client is kept up to date on a regular basis and you will make recommendations and undertake any ongoing negotiations, as may be necessary.
In your capacity as Head of Sales and Marketing, you must be highly motivated and results-driven with the ability to develop, produce and present excellent business proposals and strategies that are compelling, deliverable, creative and commercially robust.
You must also have the talent to motivate and develop a team and possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
You will be an experienced sales or new business professional with extensive experience developing sales strategies and relationships. The ideal candidate will also possess a good understanding of marketing initiatives, integrating B2B and B2C channels, social media and commercial partnerships. Ideally your background will be within a live music, events or corporate hospitality environment.
This role requires someone with a thorough understanding of commerce and commercial operations. You’ll have at least three years sales and/or business development experience and proven ability to form and develop meaningful relationships at all levels. Exceptional communication and negotiation skills are essential. You’ll also be patient and methodical with and a proven ability to deal with ambiguity and the capacity to think on your feet while juggling changing priorities.
As a senior member of the team you will ultimately be responsible for ensuring profits are maximised across all touring and festival activity.
An understanding of live music rights and experience of working with artist Agents, Managers and Promoters would be a distinct advantage.
Live Nation Music is part of Live Nation Entertainment which is the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, LN Media and Artist Nation Management.
- Working closely with the VIP Nation Accountant, Head of Operations and VIPN team, lead and manage the formation of proposals (including the creation of detailed European budgets, as necessary) and the sourcing and supply of additional information that may be requested by the client in the course of negotiation
- Management of rights and negotiation of the product, pricing, capacities and terms with the client; usually the artist’s Agent or Manager or Promoter, as well as any external stakeholders as may be necessary
- Direct the consistent and accurate dissemination of communication to relevant members of the VIP Nation team surrounding the extent of the rights awarded: product, price, capacities, third party involvement, and deal terms
- Working with the Accountant and Head of Operations, review budgets and expenditure to ensure client and Live Nation profit is being maximised
- Create and develop key relationships with entertainment Agents, Managers, Promoters, influential individuals, corporate consumers, vendors and distribution partners on a European and, where applicable, US basis
- Develop and lead all sales and marketing strategy and, where applicable, tour initiatives across European activity
- Direct ecommerce strategy and evaluate other means of selling the product online and to target groups through premium channels and partnerships
- Represent the business at conferences, trade shows and networking events
- Manage the resourcing and development of the sales and marketing team as the business grows through different phases
- Contribute to overall VIP Nation strategy
- Oversee customer insight and product research
- Observe the market, identify trends and monitor main competitors
- Determine relevant system improvements and implementing change
- Project expected sales volume and revenues for existing and new products; analysing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies
- Improve product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalising on market and geographic opportunities; coordinating new product development
- Sustain rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities
- Using your computer skills and all available systems, provide relevant statistical information and reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising data and trends
- Research and analyse the needs of new and existing customers and identify market trends and opportunities
Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- Commercial: Previous experience identifying and exploiting commercial opportunities
- People Management: A proven track record of leading and developing a small team
- Marketing/Sales: Experience of product marketing, distribution and B2B/B2C sales techniques and partnerships
- Music Industry: Understanding of the music business including experience working with artist management, agents and promoters
- Relationships: Experience of account management or new business development or relationship sales
Desirable requirements (not essential):
- Understanding of event operations (logistics, organisation, costs, timelines) including profit and loss management
- Product creation and development for consumption by the consumer market
- Multi-region experience within EMEA
- Strong project management, analytical and presentational skills
- Confident negotiating on the fly
- Target driven and sales focused
- A full driving license
The following attributes determine how the role will be carried out and are required to be a success:
- Naturally methodical and detail orientated
- Boundless initiative, drive and enthusiasm
- Competitive but diplomatic
- Target driven with a real determination to achieve
- Resilient and patient
- Collaborative style
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Sound commercial judgement and hunger for business success
- Great interpersonal skills and charm – someone who is really excited at building high performing teams and delighting clients and consumers
- Very strong communication skills
- Quality oriented
- Self-starter who is prepared to do the administrative work needed to support an efficient sales process