Head of Marketing (Black Music), Atlantic Records – 12 month contract
At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sex or sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, and any other protected characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
A little bit about our team
Atlantic Records are at the cutting edge of Black Music culture, with a roster boasting Cardi B, Burna Boy, Tion Wayne, KSI and many more. Our pioneering approach has delivered landmark cultural moments such as Drill’s first UK #1 Single (Tion Wayne & Russ’ Body) and Afrobeats’ first UK #1 Album (Burna Boy, I Told Them). Atlantic’s dedicated Black Music team are a tight-knit collection of entrepreneurial genre specilists, passionate about building artist careers, driving global hits and disrupting the conversation.
We’re seeking an experienced Head of Marketing to take the reins leading Atlantic UK’s dedicated Black Music Marketing team. You’ll have a proven track record of marketing to the highest standards and use these skills to play a pivotal role in delivering commercial success, both driving forward projects of your own and providing guidance to your close-knit team. A passion for black music, an entrepreneurial mindset and strong commercial acumen are essential. Working closely with the President of Black Music, Atlantic’s Senior team and your own set of direct reports, you’ll leave no stone unturned in delivering success for Atlantic’s Black Music roster, whilst actively contributing to the strategy, culture and direction of our pioneering Black Music team.
Here you’ll get to
- Provide inspiring modern leadership for Atlantic’s award-winning Black Music Marketing team
- Initiate and drive industry leading campaigns for a roster of Domestic & International priority artists
- Collaborate closely with the President of Black Music on departmental direction and strategy
- Drive internal collaboration with Atlantic USA’s Black Music team and Warner’s International team to maximise incoming and outgoing repertoire opportunities
- Define and drive robust team process across all areas
- Participate in forecasting and the financial management of the department
- Represent Atlantic UK in the broader black music community, reinforcing Atlantic as the premiere destination for black music superstars
- Contribute to the strategy and growth of the company through your experience, perspective and innovation
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a record label or music marketing function with a demonstrable track record of successes
- Excellent experience in working with labels, artists and management at all levels
- Experience managing a department and leading a team of direct reports in a dynamic and fast moving business
- Strong collaborative capabilities and experience, including working with International & USA teams
- Experience and understanding of larger global business structures
- Proven experience working with Commercial teams across all formats, retail types and platforms with particular relevance to streaming
- Great communication skills
- Accountable and outcome oriented with a desire to make a difference and enable a vision to become an outcome
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religion or belief, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or any other characteristic protected by law.