Who We Are
Guin Records is a fully operational independent record label based in California that provides elite quality production, promotion, and distribution for undiscovered artists around the world. Guin is a record label that prioritizes our artists as human beings and agents of their own destinies. Guin artists own their own masters and label, and the label and artist cut the profits at a fair 50/50 – nearly unheard of in the industry.
What We’re Looking For
A creative and strategic marketing wiz with an expertise in and passion for providing, developing, and maintaining the marketing strategy for our artists.
Who You Are
You have deep connections to the music industry and have the ability and drive to bring new opportunities to our artists. You understand the changing landscape of the music industry and have the knowledge, connections, and ability to positively influence potential partners, while helping drive our label and our artists to the next level. You have a passion for music, preferably hip hop and rap, and have experience working with talent. You are a creative marketer and strategic thinker who thinks big picture. You are results oriented and focused on outcomes.
Responsibilities Will Include…
- Developing marketing plans for artist releases that support the artists’ and label’s business goals.
- Serving as primary point of contact with artists and management regarding marketing activities
- Fostering and maintaining existing and new relationships within the film industry and/or streaming platforms to help expand the reach of our artists’ music
- Fostering and maintaining new and existing relationships with brands to help us bring new opportunities for our artists and the label
- Managing marketing campaign budgets
- Overseeing all processes related to visual elements in product packaging and project marketing
- Working closely with A&R and other creative departments to identify commercial applications
- Leading efforts to align artist on-line presence and marketing with overall project goals
- Maintaining artist calendars and promo itineraries for artists to update the label
- Working collaboratively with Brand Partnerships and Licensing, Soundtracks and Film/TV teams to identify opportunities for artists
- A collaborative and motivated team player with at least 8 years of marketing experience, college degree in a related field from an accredited college or university preferred
- Previous experience in the music industry, preferably at a record label with prior marketing/product management experience.
- Knowledge of hip hop/rap genres preferred
- Exemplary communication skills, including high level of interpersonal people skills and the ability and skillset to communicate directly with artists and artist management
- Experience in and knowledge of creating marketing plans from inception and the ability to maintain timelines and deadlines required.
- Strong attention detail; excellent time management, follow-up and follow through, and organizational skills required
- Advanced knowledge of and a constant finger on the pulse of the music industry
What We Offer
- An opportunity to make the world a better place through music and art
- Benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Freedom to work remotely from home (general work hours during PT business hours)
- Generous paid holiday, sick, and vacation paid policy
- Positive, friendly and cooperative company culture
*This position is off-site remote, but our Marketing Director must be local in the Los Angeles, CA area.