GUIN RECORDS – DIGITAL MARKETING & FAN ENGAGEMENT CONSULTANT
Who We Are
Guin Music is a media conglomerate which provides a multifaceted representation experience for our artists. Guin Records is a fully operational independent record label based in California that operates with an elite artist-friendly approach for select artists.
The record label operates in conjunction with an internal creative department, and soon, alongside a Management wing and Incubator, both of which will work to drive Guin’s mission of being an artist-friendly haven for the music community.
Guin’s Rookery nonprofit will provide a musical incubator experience to under-represented artists. Guin’s brand thrives on an artist-first and family run approach that prioritizes our artists as human beings and agents of positive cultural impact.
What We’re Looking For
This role supports the marketing and executive team through interpreting data and providing actionable insights on how to optimize performance. Leveraging attribution technology, this role will collaborate cross-functionally with artists and marketing to understand the journey of converting a fan for each artist’s campaign.
You are a curious, technology-minded person with extensive music industry experience growing artist audiences. Our Growth Analyst should have a passion for using data to inform decisions, and driving that mentality across marketing and artist campaigns.
Your ability to take large amounts of data, and build an informed perspective on how to improve the impact of marketing investments is critical to success in this role. Data should become an integral part of Guin Records’ decision-making process and learnings for future artist signees, as well as current artist campaign optimizations.
As a key member of Guin’s Team, you will help answer the question: How can we dramatically increase the number of people who stream and support X artist’s music?
Who You Are
A Data driven individual who can create strategies based on the marketplace and similar artists. You have a passion for music and an understanding of the music business.
You are able to identify trends early on and suggest alternate paths for each artist on the guin roster based on their target audience.
You are an effective communicator and a visionary. You will play a key role in GUIN commercial releases using data to influence strategic decision making across all aspects of the business.
Responsibilities Will Include
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns from complex data sets you will pull from all relevant sources and tools to identify, interpret and communicate fan behavior and provide insight that drives campaign experimentation & optimization.
- Run exploratory analysis to uncover new areas of opportunity, generate hypotheses, and quickly assess the potential upside of a given idea or opportunity (feature, partnership, campaign idea).
- Perform ad hoc analysis for the team and identify factors to improve social media engagement, fan retention, and streaming (revenue) growth
- Help execute projects to drive insights that lead to sustainable streaming growth, and fan retention.
- Work closely with marketing and creative to anticipate analytics needs and answer questions regarding strategy from a data driven perspective
- Own data management, governance, attribution rules, and data quality to ensure data integrity across different departments
- Identify and initiate the need for building various dashboards, reports, and alert systems to analyze and monitor marketing campaigns and overall growth initiatives
- Analyze, forecast, and build custom reports to make key performance indicators and insights available to the entire company.
- Monitor, optimize, and report on marketing and growth metrics and split-test results. Make recommendations based on analytics and test findings.
- Develop frameworks, models, tools, and processes to ensure that analytical insights can be incorporated into all key decision making.
- Effectively present and communicate analysis to the company to drive business decisions.
- Support the design and launch of sophisticated experiments; uncover opportunities and surface new ideas that may lead to breakthroughs in growth or challenges
- Expertise in Social media analytics and paid social advertising is required
- Experience w/ tools such as but not limited to, Spotify developer and chart metrics is a prerequisite for this position
- In depth familiarity with online advertising tools and analytics
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work in fast-paced environment with both creative business oriented colleagues and partners
- Previous experience in the music industry, preferably at a record label with prior marketing/product management experience.
- Knowledge of hip hop/rap genres preferred
- Exemplary communication skills, including high level of interpersonal people skills and the ability and skill set to communicate directly with artists and artist management as needed
- Experience in and knowledge of aggregating data from multiple sources, grooming this data to be easily accessible, and synthesizing the data into informative analytical reports to be actioned by our marketing team.
- Strong attention to detail; excellent time management, follow-up and follow through, and organizational skills required
- Advanced knowledge of and a constant finger on the pulse of the music industry
Guin Music provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.