GSL Group includes a wide range of businesses including Real Estate Development, Holdings and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities), E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Travel & Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Agriculture.
We are looking for a Director, Live Entertainment who is responsible for booking & managing all events in our venues: Save On Foods Memorial Centre (Victoria), Prospera Place (Kelowna) and all our outdoor music festivals (Vancouver, Kelowna, Prince George). The primary focus of this role will be to proactively secure all levels of music/talent for the events and pursue any other opportunities that drive greater community engagement and supportive revenues.
In addition, maintaining our current relationships and level of business with our existing promoter clients and core venue tenants is integral to this role.
This multi-faceted role will have a number of accountabilities, including but not exclusive to those listed below:
- Identify potential new events, negotiate agreements; work with the Venue Operations Lead to manage bookings and communicate all schedule information with promoters and agents
- Work closely with internal Event Staff, Select Your Tickets team and Promoters on execution of events
- Develop strong working relationships with key promoters and industry stakeholders
- Manage date challenges, work closely with WHL and other key tenants to book as many shows as possible to generate greater community engagement and revenue opportunities
- Network throughout the industry to negotiate venue rental/booking opportunities
- Work closely with internal and external marketing teams to maximize sales and revenue for each event booking
- Develop key media contacts and manage all event announcements
- Develop ticket information and show manifests for all events
- Coordinate on-sale and ticket settlements with Select Your Tickets
- Evaluate all risks related to new business and ensure financial and operational precautions are in place; ensure all costing for the event is negotiated as part of venue agreement
- Develop all P&L documents for event proposals
- Develop annual operating budget for Live Entertainment; managing cost and ensuring adherence to budget
- Provide all relevant information to Finance to facilitate event settlement
- Represent venue management on event days with all key stakeholders; Event Manager, Select Your Tickets/Ticketing, Hospitality, Promoter, Tour Management
- Manage all Live Entertainment website information to confirm accuracy and timeliness
- Provide all internal and external communications related to all event details
- Some travel within BC (mostly between Kelowna, Victoria and Vancouver)
- Post-Secondary degree in business, sales & marketing or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in live event production and/or management
- Existing relationships within the music and live entertainment industry, ability to develop strong working partnerships with executives
- Proven experience negotiating new business opportunities and managing long term relationships with key stakeholders
- Proven experience is developing and delivering digital marketing programs for live events
- Ability to identify and manage the feasibility of new business and revenue opportunities
- Keen attention to detail when it relates to all contract matters
- Proactive leader with ability to thrive in event-based industry under the pressure of timelines and deliverables
- Strong ability to manage a number of projects at one time and make key decisions as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Sponsorship, ticketing, VIP experience.
- Role is primarily dayshift, however, must be available evenings and weekends with ability to travel as required, mostly within BC (this will be based on event schedule)
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Is creative, innovative and has a keen understanding of the music and entertainment industry
- Has the ability to be innovative and insightful – constantly looking for new ways of doing things
- Someone who is highly organized and detail-oriented; ability to handle multiple projects with tight timelines
- Is a team player who works well with others and is highly collaborative and focuses on building relationships
- Is receptive to new ideas and approaches; adapts well to change; remains positive and calm under pressure
- Has very strong business acumen, and excellent analytical skills, with ability to assess the potential of ticket sales
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
Compensation: will be commensurate with experience.
GSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.