We Are Grape is one of the UK’s leading audio production companies.
We make exceptional weekly music radio shows for the world’s most renowned and respected radio stations, including BBC Radio 1 & BBC 6 Music. We produce world-class podcasts and speech radio for a variety of clients, including Spotify, Red Bull Music, BBC Sounds, BBC Radio 2, 1Xtra, COPA90, BBC World Service and an array of music artists and influencers. We also make visual programmes for, amongst others, BBC iPlayer.
We are currently looking for an excellent podcast producer to join our team to produce the weekly Spotify original podcast, Who We Be TALKS_, which celebrates and amplifies the brilliance of black music and culture.
This is a part time role, working 3 days per week.
Required skills and experience:
- You are deeply passionate about making brilliant audio, social and video content for our clients.
- You have an encyclopaedic knowledge of Hip-Hop, Rap, Afrobeats, RnB and Dancehall.
- You have an up to date knowledge of the culture surrounding this music, with a track record of showing sound editorial judgement of relevant topics for discussion.
- You are a fantastic speech audio editor, able to turn around an edit the same day as recording.
- You are proficient at recording speech.
- You are used to working closely with and managing a wide range of on-air talent. You are patient, adaptable yet thorough, and enjoy getting the best out of presenters.
- You have some experience of producing weekly, audio programmes incorporating creative ideas, strategy, planning and delivery.
- You have good judgement around compliance and an understanding of media law.
- You are confident using Photoshop and enjoy formulating strategy and creating eye-catching social media assets.
- You are super organised, quick thinking and able to use your initiative. -You have good script-writing skills with great attention to detail.
- You have a can-do attitude with a positive outlook.
- You want to be an important member of a friendly team with the highest production standards and ambition.
- You are an excellent communicator
This will be a mix of home, studio and office working. If you believe that you are a suitable candidate and are looking for a fantastic opportunity to work at a rapidly expanding media company, then please apply now!
Please send your CV, covering letter and an answer to the following questions to [email protected] by February 4th 2022.
1) What do you love about producing audio programmes?
2) Who are 5 guests you would suggest for the podcast and how would you attempt to book them?
3) What topics from January 2022 would you suggest for discussion on the show?