We Are Grape is one of the UK’s leading audio production companies.
We make exceptional weekly music radio shows for the world’s most renowned and respected radio stations, including BBC Radio 1 & BBC 6 Music. We produce world-class podcasts and speech radio for a variety of clients, including Spotify, Red Bull Music, BBC Sounds, BBC Radio 2, 1Xtra, COPA90, BBC World Service and an array of music artists and influencers. We also make visual programmes for, amongst others, BBC iPlayer.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Operations Manager to coordinate and oversee our operation in our growing and vibrant company. This is a brand new role within the company and we would love someone to make it their own and make a big difference to our business.
It will suit someone who is calm, self-motivated, organised, loves detail, enjoys being part of a small but close team and will take full responsibility for the work they are leading on.
The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of the audio/visual production industry, though this is not essential.
Operations Management – ensure all internal system are the most up to date and efficient
- Supporting the MD and senior team’s vision and process ideals.
- Improve performance and implement best practices across all areas, including organisational processes and admin systems.
- Creating and monitoring projects and teams.
- Supporting all functions of the business to work together.
- Oversee production budgets and project delivery.
- Creating and implementing deadlines, project goals, expectations, and work flows, to ensure a smooth production process with on-time delivery.
- Manage margins, costs, budgeting and forecasting in collaboration with the MD and finance team.
- Manage company office and studio.
Line managing / HR
- Ensuring staff are happy and operating efficiently.
- Reviewing workloads and manpower to ensure targets are met.
- Carry out staff appraisals with other members of the Senior team and manage performance.
- Quarterly company meetings – prepare ‘zoom out’ on the business and organise meetings.
- Assist with recruitment and training.
- Arranging team socials, away days / Xmas events, birthdays
New Business development – to be created in time
- Proven work experience as Operations Manager, Operations Assistant or similar role.
- Knowledge of organisational effectiveness and operations management.
- Experience budgeting and forecasting.
- Excellent communication skills, outstanding organisational skills and leadership ability.
- Experience of seeing projects successfully completed from beginning to end, problem solving as needed.
- Confident when managing internal teams, business expectations, and creative team processes.
- Flexible in managing multiple projects, requiring multiple skills, deadlines, and budgets.
- Great with people, building relationships both with internal teams and external clients.
- Ability to learn quickly and work alone or as part of a team.
- Act with respect towards your colleagues and work collaboratively to help the organisation succeed.
- Work with enthusiasm and take pride in who we are and what we do as an organisation
- Attention & accuracy to detail.
- Can-do attitude and positive outlook.
Salary: £30-35k per annum, depending on experience.
This is a full time role, but we will consider part time applicants. It will be a mix of home and office working. If you believe that you are a suitable candidate and are looking for a fantastic opportunity to work at a rapidly expanding media company, then please apply now!
Please send a covering letter and your CV to [email protected] by December 10th.