A Music Talent Agency, located in Burbank, representing renowned music composers in the Film/TV/Interactive Media industry seeks an enthusiastic administrator who will enjoy learning and developing their business skills.
We seek candidates with excellent administrative abilities, basic bookkeeping knowledge, and those who can successfully interface with all levels of staff and management with intelligence and discretion.
Our agency works with today’s leading entertainment production companies to connect our clients with composing opportunities for projects with worldwide audiences.
As Bookkeeping and Royalty Administrator you will be responsible for providing support to our Bookkeeper and Royalty Manager.
- Prepare and organize monthly expense reports
- Perform reconciliations for select accounts
- Monitor and update select general ledger accounts
- Work in Datafaction and our Royalty Database
- Pay select monthly bills
- Cover for Bookkeeper when out of office
- Administrative duties to help support our Royalty Manager, especially during royalty season: provide assistance to enter royalty data, process royalty statements, and digital file maintenance (download, upload, and email distribution of reports)
- Provide administrative support for closing of fiscal year
- Clerical duties such as scanning, copying, filing, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Report to Bookkeeper and Royalty Manager
Skills & Qualifications:
- Autonomous and able to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision while adhering to deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail, multitasking, time management, organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Confident interpersonal skills to communicate successfully with peers, managers and company executives
- Demonstrated work experience managing confidential information appropriately and with discretion
- Competency and keen accuracy working with numbers, reconciliations, and data entry
- Proficient creating spreadsheets and reports in Excel
- Computer proficiencies working with MS Windows using: Word, Excel, Outlook; Datafaction is a plus
- Autonomous yet a team player
- Basic mathematical skills
- BA Degree or 3 years equivalent experience with an emphasis on business management or accounting
Hours Mon-Friday 9:30am-6:30pm
Pay is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including vacation/holiday, health, dental, vision and accrued time off. Fun perks.
Please send resume & cover letter to email@example.com with subject line Bookkeeping and Royalty Administrator