Google‘s line of products and services to clients never stops growing. Managers for partnerships have the rare opportunity to build a long-lasting relationship with our top partners. You cultivate these existing partnerships to make sure they can take full advantage of Google’s ever-growing suite of offerings. You possess strong relationship-building skills and are apt to see mutually beneficial opportunities with partners in order to best represent our users, products and programs.
As Manager, Music Label Business Development & Partnerships for the U.S., you will be responsible for providing ongoing business development and relationship management to YouTube and Google Play’s key U.S. label partners. In this role you will interact regularly with counterparts at labels, facilitating ongoing business and operational processes, resolving inquiries, and identifying and driving mutual business growth opportunities. You will also collaborate closely with internal teams. You will have exceptional partner management skills, a service mindset and extensive relationships in the music industry.
YouTube has grown into a community used by over 1 billion people across the globe to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube team helps budding creators build careers, creates products like YouTube Kids, YouTube Music, and YouTube Gaming, and engages communities around shared passions and global conversations. Together, we empower the world to create, broadcast, and share.
- Own day-to-day account management of strategic label partners, including negotiating strategic distribution agreements and record label authorizations where applicable.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and drive partner-related business processes, including escalation of strategic issues.
- Handle a large volumes of requests from partners, prioritize them internally, and set partner expectations for resolution.
- Update the partner consistently on product, operational and account changes and collect feedback for internal stakeholders.
- Facilitate partner interaction with internal teams such as technical, content ingestion, legal and product.
- Minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience managing music partner accounts.
- Experience working cross-functionally with business and technical teams
- Experience working at or with a music label
- Experience in, or working closely with, any of the following fields: finance, accounting, technical account management, business development, legal
- Experience negotiating digital music content licensing agreements, including partner bundling and distribution agreements with senior music executives.
- Experience with handling high stress situations and remaining focused on accomplishing the task at hand
- Strong attention to detail; ability to juggle and coordinate multiple simultaneous account activities
- Ability to communicate consistently and broadly regarding partner account issues and opportunities
- Service mindset; willingness and ability to do act quickly and effectively to cultivate partner satisfaction and make a partner account successful