As the Head of Music Merchandising for EMEA, you will help build and maintain Google Play’s merchandising program on handsets, web and tablets.
Based on your digital content retail experience, you will coordinate and launch effective online features and promotions. You bring to the table strong retail instincts, sharp analytical abilities, and impeccable oral and written communication skills.
You are comfortable working cross-functionally with product, design, marketing, engineering, and other teams to develop an innovative user experience. It’s important that you be able to work both independently and collaboratively to develop new content features and scalable merchandising processes. You’ll also have a track record for successful prioritization, meeting critical deadlines, and enthusiastically tackling challenges with an eye toward problem solving.
Google Play offers music, movies, books, apps and games for your devices, powered by the cloud. It’s a Google approach to entertainment, syncing magically across your devices and on the web. As part of the Android and Mobile team, Googlers working on Google Play do everything from engineering our backend systems, to shaping the product strategy, to forming great content partnerships.
They make it possible for people to do things like buy an ebook or song on their Android phone, then have it instantly available on their laptop. The Google Play team helps strengthen the overall Android ecosystem by giving developers and partners a premium store where they can reach millions of users.
- Plan and execute the regional strategy for Google Play Music in EMEA. Plan and deliver a regionally relevant annual merchandising calendar for Google Play Music.
- Work with internal and external partnerships teams to develop and launch effective content and promotions.
- Work cross-functionally to define and implement merchandising tools and processes, and site-wide improvements.
- Conduct metrics-based analyses of merchandising campaigns and provide recommendations for enhancing their effectiveness. Define pricing for campaigns and offers.
- Participate in regular meetings with content partners, in order to identify promotional opportunities.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in an editorial/merchandising role for a mobile or online digital content retail business, particularly in the music domain.
- Experience working with both external and internal partners on co-promotion or cross-promotion strategies and campaigns.
- Experience with, and demonstrated knowledge of, online merchandising best practices.
- Demonstrated editorial and creative skills, with the ability to craft messaging and work with design and production resources to drive creative execution.
- Effective analytical skills, with the ability to analyze research or performance data and apply that analysis to optimize merchandising strategy.
- Ability to advise on strategies and product requirements to enhance platform-level merchandising capabilities.
- Ability to work across functions and divisions and to deliver measurable results.
- Ability to speak and write in an additional European language fluently and idiomatically.