About the job
This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: New York, NY, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of business experience in music publishing and/or licensing music rights.
- Experience discussing music agreements and driving new business opportunities in digital music.
- Experience with key digital publishing issues and trends in rights management, including sync rights, and performance licenses.
- JD and/or MBA.
- Ability to take initiative and build constructive relationships externally and internally, including with executive stakeholders.
- Ability to think strategically and convert complex issues into straightforward, timely action.
- Solid attention to detail, with ability to manage and coordinate multiple simultaneous activities.
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills, with ability to operate with flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
- A fluency with, or willingness to learn, technological concepts, financial models, and product features.
About The Job
You will be on the YouTube Music team whose aim is growing labels, publishers, artists, and songwriters online, building successful careers for artists and songwriters and business models for the music industry on YouTube. You will be responsible for providing ongoing business development and relationship management to YouTube’s music publishing partners.
You will interact regularly with counterparts at music publishing companies, facilitating ongoing business and operational processes and identifying and driving mutual business growth opportunities. You will also collaborate closely with internal teams. As Manager for Music Publishing, you will build and maintain strategic relationships with our music publishing partners, including leading discussing complex licensing and partnership agreements, managing existing publisher partnerships, launching new relationships, driving new business opportunities, resolving business issues, and analyzing and tracking key metrics to identify trends.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Discuss complex content-licensing agreements and strategic distribution agreements.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and drive partner-related business processes, including escalation of strategic issues, and update internally/externally on product, operational and account changes consistently, and collect feedback for internal stakeholders.
- Drive new partnerships, promote new business opportunities to existing partners, and manage existing partnerships to optimize business growth and ensure prompt and proper resolution of business issues raised by partners.
- Identify long-term business growth opportunities for partner accounts and drive those opportunities internally and externally.
- Work with management to define and launch strategic business initiatives in your assigned market, and define, analyze, and communicate key metrics and business trends for VP and C-level forums.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .