Good Company (GDCO) is a double-grammy nominated, London based independent record label founded by Anton Partridge. More than a label, GDCO is a collective of music minds and creatives fostering a collaborative family of music lovers for the future and now looking for an experienced General Manager to join and lead the team.
About the role
Good Company is seeking a highly ambitious, personable and experienced industry leader who’s truly passionate and obsessed about music, someone with an entrepreneurial mindset, and has managed business relationships globally and with teams both remote and in person.
Ideally, the applicant would come from either a label, management or distribution music background with an extensive network of contacts, established relationships and strong understanding of the industry. It’s also essential the applicant has a deep knowledge in managing digital marketing campaigns, end to end for music artists and new releases across the Good Company and Get Together labels.
As the General Manager your responsibilities will include:
- working directly with and reporting into the Founder and CEO Anton Partridge
- you’ll be accountable for all operations, sales, policies, performance and team management of GoodCompany
- building strong, long lasting relationships with all global partners, artists and their management teams
- working closely with music artists and management to align strategic goals and sales targets and working with the A&R team to support signing and developing artists to take to market
- responsibility for controlling and managing company financials, including campaign budgets and costs for both the artists and companies
- you’ll be creative in planning, orchestrating and delivering successful strategic marketing plans for artists and new releases alongside the team, focusing on exponential growth across Europe and key international markets on all music streaming platforms and social media in particular Spotify, Apple and YouTube
- Managing the marketing and digital teams to provide data reports post release on campaign marketing feedback to all relevant artists and management teams
- The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate a minimum of seven years experience working in the music industry across artists, record labels and distribution with strong references to show this
- You’ll have strong communication skills, be approachable, enthusiastic and able to work across all areas of the business
- You’ll have a proven track record of leading and delivering results with team members, artists and their management teams
- Ability to work as part of a fast-paced company, able to make decisions quickly and implement new processes and policies where needed for the company
- Impeccable attention to detail & organisation skills, using initiative and solving problems independently, and being a collaborative team leader
- Experienced negotiation skills with deep legal understanding for all company and artists business affairs
- Able to confidently present, participate and be a professional representative on behalf of the company at worldwide industry events, conferences and studio recordings
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday allowance
- Pension plan
We are interviewing continuously and will fill the role as soon as possible.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and CV to SJ at email@example.com with “General Manager” in the subject line.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.