Glassnote Records is the proud home to Grammy Award winning Phoenix, Grammy Award winning and multi-platinum selling Mumford & Sons, CHVRCHES, AURORA, Two Door Cinema Club, Hamilton Leithauser, Robert DeLong, Daughter, Flight Facilities, HOLYCHILD, The Strumbellas, Dylan Cartlidge,Jade Bird and more. Glassnote has been hailed as the “Best Indie Label” by Rolling Stone, “Label of the Year” at the A2IM Libera Awards and the “#1 Independent Label” by Billboard. Most recently Pigeons & Planes described Glassnote as “a powerhouse in the world of indie labels”.
Glassnote Records is seeking to hire a Head of Sync Licensing, based in Los Angeles.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain relationships with licensees, music supervisors, editors and various creatives
- Identify new and timely sync opportunities for exploitation of Glassnote’s frontline releases
- Fulfill clients’ music requests with creative searches and pitches
- Negotiate terms and fees for film, television, advertising, video games, sports, new media, etc.
- Seek approval for sync requests with artists and managers
- Issue sync quotes and provide relevant cue sheet information
- Track all sync licenses and follow up on confirmation
- Format and distribute email blasts featuring new music and concert invites
- Coordinate and attend showcases for Glassnote artists
- Host clients at local concerts by Glassnote artists
- Work with finance team to collect licensing fees in a timely and efficient manner
- Participate in weekly cross-departmental marketing meeting, strategizing and highlighting relevant sync activity
You are / have:
- Related experience, preferably at a label, music publisher, or third party synchronization company
- A solid foundational knowledge of music licensing
- The ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions
- The ability to quickly learn new technologies and tools
- Excellent, multitasking, and written communication skills
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- A drive to learn and grow with a positive attitude