Ghostly International & Affiliate Labels Seek Senior Director of A&R
Title: Senior Director of A&R
Status: Full-time Exempt
Hours: 40/week, Monday – Friday, 9am-6pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY; Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: President of A&R
Company Summary: Ghostly International is an independently owned music company that is affiliated with and shares staff with Secretly Group. Ghostly is distributed internationally by Secretly Distribution, and is headquartered in Brooklyn, with offices in Los Angeles, London, Bloomington, Ind., and additional staff in Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam, and beyond. We release music by artists such as Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith, Matthew Dear, Galcher Lustwerk, Kate Bollinger, Mary Lattimore, and Hana Vu.
Position Summary: Ghostly International seeks a Senior A&R Director for its label as well as a few soon-to-be-announced labels it is adding to its orbit as a newly formed label group. The ideal candidate should be well versed in a variety of genres and able to serve releases across the group, whose focus may include indie/alternative. electronic, Hip-Hop, R&B and underground Latinx. Primary duties include supervising current and future A&R staff, co-authoring and managing signing budgets, scouting and signing artists to the company at all levels of the developmental spectrum, creating collaborative opportunities, and developing strong relationships with artists, producers, writers, managers, and lawyers. In addition, the candidate will be a close collaborator with the CEO/Creative Director of Ghostly International and will report to the President of A&R of the label group.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- At least 5 years experience working in A&R with proven success in that role.
- Experience working with artists (performers, songwriters, producers, etc) in a creative space.
- Highly creative with a strong business sense and follow through.
- A track record for discovering & nurturing new artists, as well as a vision for how to maintain successful careers for them.
- Knowledge & passion of the musical landscape/marketplace, spanning across multiple genres.
- Extensive network within all levels of developing music, including managers, labels, lawyers, songwriters, and producers is a plus.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and networking skills, with an ability to prioritize.
- Familiarity with the Ghostly label group roster.
- High level of integrity, work ethic, communication, project management, and teamwork skills.
SG Services, Inc. Benefits:
- Paid holidays including end of the year closure from December 23rd – January 1st
- Paid Time Off policy
- 401K with corporate matching immediately upon enrollment
- 12 weeks for parental leave after birth or adoption paid at 100% of salary
- Volunteer Hours Matching Policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health insurance:
- Maximum one month wait for enrollment in health insurance
- Medical plan with PPO & HSA options
- Dental plan w/rollover benefit (a portion of your unused annual maximum rolls over to the following year)
- Vision plan that offers access to over 43,000 provider locations nationwide (including private practice providers and retailers)
- Free Basic Life insurance and Voluntary Life insurance
Application Link: https://forms.gle/jRLSTjG9SY78cBcy6
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.