gener8tor, in partnership with Capitol Music Group, Motown Museum and TechTown Detroit, is seeking a full-time Director to establish and manage the Motown Musician Accelerator.
The Motown Musician Accelerator offers emerging artists the resources, coaching, and network they need to develop their careers as musicians.
gener8tor is a turnkey platform for the creative economy that connects entrepreneurs (startup founders, artists, and musicians), investors, universities and corporations. The gener8tor platform includes pre-accelerators, accelerators, corporate programming, conferences and fellowships focused on artists and musicians. gener8tor is a nationally ranked, GOLD-tier accelerator in the U.S. as ranked by the Seed Accelerator Rankings Project: seedrankings.com.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-starter, organized.
- Experience and existing relationships in the music and entertainment industry is preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly independent environment and juggle multiple ongoing projects, responsibilities and external relationships.
- Willingness to intensively and rapidly dive deeper into the industry, even if already familiar.
- Flexibility to travel and work some nights and weekends– we’re not a Monday- Friday, 9-5 operation!
- At least one year of program or product management experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A “no job is beneath me” mentality.
- Plan logistics, coordinate and execute Motown Musician Accelerator programs and related activities (workshops, showcases, etc.).
- Recruit, vet and help select musicians to participate in Motown Musician Accelerator.
- Build relationships with stakeholders in the music and entertainment industry both locally and nationally (musicians, managers, record labels, producers, distributors, mentors, service providers, etc.).
- Coordinate with Motown Musician Accelerator stakeholders and sponsors.
- Act as the lead mentor for and continuously support Motown Musician Accelerator musicians and alumni.
- Support the gener8tor team across all product lines to build connectivity between cities and programs: gener8tor, gBETA, gALPHA, OnRamp, Fellowships, etc.
- Manage Motown Musician Accelerator communications and social media platforms.
At gener8tor we…
- Revolve everything we do around helping our customers–the startup founders, musicians and artists.
- Wipe down the tables after lunch with as much enthusiasm as we have about attending a concert.
- Are motivated by building a better tomorrow for the communities we work in.
- Observe no boundaries around responsibility and work as a team to get $#!^ done!
To apply, send your resume or qualifications along with a few paragraphs on why you’d be an amazing fit in this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use the subject line “Motown Musician Accelerator Director.” The application deadline is May 17, 2019.