Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, a top entertainment business management firm in Century City, is seeking a Sr. Royalty Analyst to join our team of dedicated professionals.
- Perform examinations of record companies, music publishers, merchandising companies, and other licensees of intellectual property
- Organize and manipulate large electronic datasets
- Maintain organization of files
- Review of contracts
- Draft summarizations of contracts
- Conduct analysis and creates claim schedules
- Conduct fieldwork at auditees offices
- Correspond with clients and auditees
- Prepare documentation requests
- Assist managers in drafting examination reports
- Assist managers in training of analysts with respect to technical tools (Excel, websites)
- Track progress of audit program
- Some travel is required
A successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in accounting, finance, business or mathematics
- 1+ years’ of experience in a similar role involving compliance examinations in the music industry
- Competitive candidates will have 2+ years’ of direct experience in music royalties
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
- Highly motivated and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment
- Candidate must be willing to travel on occasion
- This is a non-exempt position. Salary is competitive based on experience. Comprehensive benefits package
- includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness, 401(k), a generous paid time off policy and up to ten paid holidays per year. We offer a diverse and employee-friendly environment with great work/life balance. Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidate information, including education and work experience, is verified upon an offer of employment. Falsification of application information may be grounds for denying employment.
The role is open to LA or Nashville residents, but remote to start.
About Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman
Founded in 1967, Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman (“GRF”) is a leading full-service business management firm for an exclusive assortment of entertainers, executives and select high net worth individuals. Our 30 partners and over 500 staff members deliver comprehensive financial services in the fields of music, motion pictures, television, sports, literature and other creative and performing arts. Our firm has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Nashville, San Rafael, Wilmington and London.