Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, a top entertainment business management firm in Los Angeles, is seeking a Sr. Music Royalty Analyst (Audit Department) to join our team of dedicated professionals.
- Assist managers with music royalty audits of record companies, music publishers, and merchandising companies, on behalf of clients that include many Multi-Platinum and Grammy-winning artists, writers, and producers
- Download and summarize royalty statements
- Review and summarize music industry contracts (recording, publishing, etc.)
- Combine and format large electronic datasets
- Maintain organization of electronic files and folders
- Analyze data to find underpayments of royalties and create claim schedules
- Assist with fieldwork (currently done remotely)
- Conduct Internet research
- Correspond with clients and audited companies
- Assist royalty analysts with general audit procedures and music industry questions
- Assist managers in writing audit reports
- Assist directors with special projects as needed
A successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role involving music royalty audits (candidates with less experience, or experience in other areas of the music business, are encouraged to apply to the Music Royalty Analyst position)
- Expert knowledge of Excel, including Pivot Tables and formulas (such as VLOOKUP and SUMIF) – bonus points for experience with Power Pivot and Power Query
- A genuine interest in the music business and music royalties
The candidate must also:
- Be a self-motivated and detail-oriented analytical thinker o
- Possess excellent verbal/written communication skills and reading comprehension
- Understand basic mathematical and accounting principles
- Work well independently and in a team environment
- Be eager to learn new skills and concepts
- Want to help creative artists
This is a non-exempt position. Salary is competitive based on experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness, 401(k), a generous paid time off policy and up to ten paid holidays per year. We offer a diverse and employee-friendly environment with great work/life balance. Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidate information, including education and work experience, is verified upon an offer of employment. Falsification of application information may be grounds for denying employment.
About Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman
Founded in 1967, Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman (“GRF”) is a leading full-service business management firm for an exclusive assortment of entertainers, executives and select high net worth individuals. Our 30 partners and over 500 staff members deliver comprehensive financial services in the fields of music, motion pictures, television, sports, literature and other creative and performing arts. Our firm has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Nashville, San Rafael, Wilmington and London.