Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, a well-established entertainment accounting firm in New York, is seeking a Royalty Valuation Analyst for our Manhattan or White Plains office.
- Assist Managers with Financial Due Diligence and the Preparation of Valuation Reports of Musical Assets in connection with Buy/Sell Transactions, Estate and Trust Planning and Legal Proceedings
- Download and summarize royalty statements
- Combine and format large electronic datasets
- Maintain organization of electronic files and folders
- Assist in the preparation of marketing decks in connection with the presentation of catalogs to potential buyers
- Review and summarize various music industry memos, contracts and abstracts
- Set up secure data rooms
- Conduct internet research of catalog characteristic and performance metrics
A successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or related field
- Two or more years of previous work experience in a related financial analysis, audit or accounting field
- Understand basic mathematical and accounting principles
- The candidate must be self-motivated, detail oriented and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as being able to work well in a team environment
- Expert knowledge of Excel, including Pivot Tables and formulas (such as VLOOKUP and SUMIF) – bonus points for experience with Power Pivot and Power Query
- A genuine interest in and working knowledge of the Music Business
- Discretion and confidentiality with regards to sensitive financial transactions
This is a non-exempt position. Salary is competitive based on experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness, 401(k), a generous paid time off policy and up to ten paid holidays per year. We offer a diverse and employee-friendly environment with great work/life balance. Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidate information, including education and work experience, is verified upon an offer of employment. Falsification of application information may be grounds for denying employment.
About Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman
Founded in 1967, Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman (“GRF”) is a leading full-service business management firm for an exclusive assortment of entertainers, executives and select high net worth individuals. Our 30 partners and over 500 staff members deliver comprehensive financial services in the fields of music, motion pictures, television, sports, literature and other creative and performing arts. Our firm has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Nashville, San Rafael, Wilmington and London.