Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, a top entertainment business management firm, is seeking a Royalty Coordinator to join our Century City or Nashville office. You will assist client service staff with various aspects of music royalty administration and collection for the firm’s many music clients (recording artists, producers, songwriters, composers, music publishers and other music-related businesses). This position supports all business management departments with music royalty tasks and processes.
- Assist Account Managers with royalty portal access
- Review music industry related contracts
- Prepare commission and royalty allocation schedules for music clients
- Assist with music publishing or sound recording registrations on various royalty collection sources (PROs, SoundExchange, etc.)
- Track royalty statements for the firm’s music clients with a focus on identifying missing royalty sources
- Analyze and claim missing SoundExchange revenue on behalf of music clients
- Conduct internet research
- Assist business management departments with various royalty related tasks as assigned
A successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a focus in music business, accounting, or finance
- Competitive candidates will have 1+ years’ of direct experience in music industry royalty accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, formulas, etc.)
- Self-motivated, strong analytical skills and detail-oriented
- Able to multitask and prioritize work from multiple sources
- Excellent verbal and written communication when responding to royalty inquiries from firm employees, client managers or attorneys
- Work well independently and in a team environment
- Eager to learn new skills and difficult concepts
- Willingness to help others
This is a non-exempt, full-time position. Salary is competitive based on experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness, 401(k), a generous paid time off policy and up to ten paid holidays per year. We offer a diverse and employee-friendly environment with great work/life balance. Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidate information, including education and work experience, is verified upon an offer of employment. Falsification of application information may be grounds for denying employment.
About Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman
Founded in 1967, Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman (“GRF”) is a leading full-service business management firm for an exclusive assortment of entertainers, executives and select high net worth individuals. Our 30 partners and over 500 staff members deliver comprehensive financial services in the fields of music, motion pictures, television, sports, literature and other creative and performing arts. Our firm has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Nashville, San Rafael, Wilmington and London.