Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, a well-established entertainment accounting firm in Los Angeles, is seeking an experienced Music Royalty Audit Manager to join our team of dedicated professionals.
- Oversee all aspects of music royalty audits of record companies, music publishers, and merchandising companies, on behalf of clients that include many Multi-Platinum and Grammy-winning artists, writers, and producers
- Review, interpret, and summarize music industry contracts (recording, publishing, etc.)
- Correspond with clients and audited companies
- Prepare written audit reports, including supporting schedules and calculations
- Assist in audit settlement negotiations
- Assist directors with budgeting for anticipated audit engagements
- Assist directors with special projects as needed
- Review the work of staff analysts
- Train staff analysts in all areas of audits and the music business
- Manage assigned staff members, including administrative tasks, performance reviews, and availability for questions and concerns
A successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years of previous work experience in music royalties, including music royalty audits
- Able to understand complex legal contracts in order to identify potential issues
- Expert knowledge of Excel, including Pivot Tables and formulas (such as VLOOKUP and SUMIF) – bonus points for experience with Power
- Pivot and Power Query
The candidate must also:
- Be a self-motivated and detail-oriented analytical thinker
- Possess excellent verbal/written communication skills and reading comprehension
- Understand basic mathematical and accounting principles
- Work well independently and in a team environment
- Be eager to learn new skills and concepts
- Want to help creative artists
- This is an exempt position. Salary is competitive based on experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness, 401(k), a generous paid time off policy and up to ten paid holidays per year. We offer a diverse and employee-friendly environment with great work/life balance. Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidate information, including education and work experience, is verified upon an offer of employment. Falsification of application information may be grounds for denying employment.
About Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman
Founded in 1967, Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman (“GRF”) is a leading full-service business management firm for an exclusive assortment of entertainers, executives and select high net worth individuals. Our 30 partners and over 500 staff members deliver comprehensive financial services in the fields of music, motion pictures, television, sports, literature and other creative and performing arts. Our firm has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Nashville, San Rafael, Wilmington and London.