Interscope Geffen A&M Records (“IGA”) is home to some of the biggest artists in the world including: U2, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, Lady Gaga, and many more. As a leader in the music industry, we are always looking for talented and driven individuals to join our family.
How we LEAD
The legendary, Geffen Records, one of the labels within IGA, and home to artists including Olivia Rodrigo, BTS, Yeat, Yungblud and more… is presently seeking a Head of Pop/Rock, Marketing. This position will be based in the company’s Santa Monica, CA location and focuses on the long term growth and development of Geffen artists within Pop/Rock.
We’re seeking an individual who possess the hunger and high energy for this rapidly expanding Music Label to run the Pop Rock Marketing team.
This role will be responsible for working directly with Universal artists and their representatives as well as executive staff and departments within IGA. This position is a visible and prominent role both inside and outside the organization.
How you’ll CREATE
- Work closely with artists and their representatives to develop interactive marketing objectives and initiatives
- Oversee campaign execution with a focus on global audience engagement
- Direct and approve creative processes for internal and external technology builds
- Manage, interpret, and report on the performance of digital initiatives
- Be a creative visionary, driving progressive marketing campaigns and inspiring innovation across the team
- Collaborate with other teams at IGA including Commercial, Radio, Production, A&R and International
- Account for project and campaign marketing budgets
Bring your VIBE:
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in music marketing
- An unquenchable thirst for innovation, experimentation, and reinvention
- Experience in global music marketing, ideally working with catalog artists
- Expert-level understanding of the technology and marketplace powering today and tomorrow’s music industry
- Extensive experience in digital marketing, CRM, fan engagement and analytics
- Proven ability to build and manage strategic marketing partnerships
- Strong grasp of collaboration and asset management tools
- Excellent presentation, communication, and analysis skills
- Passion for bringing music to the world in innovative ways
- Ability to handle multiple projects and operate effectively in a high-pressured environment
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones)
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements
- Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.