UK General Manager
FUGA provides forward-thinking music distribution, technology and marketing services to forward-thinking music companies. Working at the heart of the music industry with more than 800 clients, including Beggars Group, Epitaph, Naxos and Ninja Tune, FUGA is the world’s leading full-service B2B music distributor.
FUGA works at the forefront of music distribution technology, connecting its clients with digital service providers like Spotify, Apple Music, and Amazon Music while helping them get the most from their music, whether that’s with award-nominated label services, industry-leading revenue accounting, or using FUGA’s suite of best-in-class products.
Owned by Downtown Music Holdings, FUGA is an independent company and is one of the very few distributors to sit on the highest preferred partner tiers for all the major DSPs.
We are seeking an experienced person with deep ties to the UK music market, to manage and oversee our business in the region. You will have ultimate responsibility for all aspects related to FUGA’s distribution, marketing, sync, royalty accounting, neighbouring rights and sales services in the UK.
What You’ll Do
- Lead UK Business Development & Sales
- Responsible for our business in the UK, and for meeting Regional sales targets based on business plan & objectives
- Responsible for creating a sales pipeline and actively selling FUGA’s products and services in the market
- Responsible for client retention and for maximising existing clients’ revenue, including upsells and carrying out client business reviews
- Perform demos of our products and services to existing clients as well as to prospects
- Draft and manage complex commercial proposals; and manage contract negotiations with clients and prospects
- Analyse monthly sales reports, identifying trends, issues and opportunities
- Manage client escalations
- Cross-sell Downtown Services (such as publishing & neighbouring rights)
- Manage and oversee local office operations & UK team:
- Co-manage a dedicated team of operations, marketing and client support staff for the UK market
- Ensure local UK team are working in a cohesive and collaborative fashion to drive internal transparency and provide clients with a best in class service
- Implement and oversee working policies as defined by FUGA HQ and Downtown:
- Oversee all administrative aspects related to the local FUGA UK entity working closely with relevant HQ teams
- Represent FUGA in the UK market
Who You Are
- Considerable experience in the music industry (preferably within the UK market)
- Demonstrable experience of managing teams across various business verticals
- Substantial experience in either of these fields: A&R, Business Development, Campaign Management, Label Management with top performing music businesses
- Extensive experience working with independent music labels and understanding their business needs
- Strong understanding of digital and physical distribution
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, international environment and the ability to adapt to change
- Proactive and able to drive development and motivation in a growing team
- Strong network within the UK market and easily able to develop and maintain client relationships
Who We Are
Founded in 2006, FUGA has an extensive and growing international network of clients and partners in more than 50 countries. Our HQ is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, with offices in London, New York, Los Angeles, Rome, Milan, Seoul, Paris and Berlin; and representatives in Tokyo and São Paulo.
We operate at the heart of the music industry with clients such as Tommy Boy, Ultra Records, Curb Records, Spinnin’ Records, Armada Music, Epitaph, Domino Recording Company and more. FUGA connects these record labels, artists and distributors with online stores such as Spotify, iTunes, and Apple Music. By doing so FUGA enables its clients to optimise their business processes and successfully execute their strategy.
FUGA’s products & services provide a complete ecosystem for the digital product cycle. Clients manage, distribute and promote their music and collect on their revenue.