FUGA’s Marketing Services (MS) Team has been built to add value and solve problems for our vast number of clients by helping them connect their artists with audiences and create revenues and growth.
The Snr. Marketing Services Director – Americas leads and supports the entire Americas Marketing Services team in developing, standardizing and implementing best practices and consistent processes and working to continually improve the skills and knowledge of the team to support our client’s campaign and marketing needs.
As a key part of our content exploitation team you will be instrumental in defining the FUGA brand around Marketing Services in the Americas market and build on our strong position in independent digital music distribution.
- Roll out of Fuga’s global Marketing Services roadmap into the Americas market
- Manage the Americas Marketing Services team (Marketing Strategy, Digital Accounts and Audience Engagement)
- Work with the Global Head of Marketing Services to safeguard and improve departmental processes to further scale performance in the Marketing Strategy and Digital Accounts teams.
- Expand the marketing services available to our clients through innovation and creation of new service offerings in the Americas Audience Engagement team.
- Build deeper relationships with DSPs in the Americas
For a select, priority, roster of FUGA Nth. America clients:
- Pro-actively provide insight, advice and creative strategic planning support to clients in respect of their releases, catalogue and revenue.
- Communicate with these clients on a regular basis to address concerns, manage expectations and generally maintain a good working relationship
- Collaboratively conceive and implement industry leading marketing strategies that reflect the vision and goals of the client and their artists.
- Through thought leadership be an influencer in marketing discussions with external partners and as an authoritative communicator with FUGA senior executives
- Work with SVP Americas to raise FUGA’s profile through B2B marketing initiatives, industry event strategy and communications directions/ideas
- Help lead the Americas team (specifically in LA) by contributing to budgeting plans, team-building exercises, policy plans and rollout
- Build the Americas aggregation business and client-base through prospecting and outreach to music companies that fit well with FUGA’s offering
- Provide analysis, support and insights to the commercial team who are in discussions with prospective clients or embarking on outreach
- Be an integral voice in advance funding discussions and negotiations
- Work towards a regional commercial target for both cohort and new business growth
- Minimum of 7+ years experience working within a label, artist management or music distribution company
- Passionate and knowledgeable about music and culture.
- Excellent client service and relationship-building capability – always with a professional and confident demeanor.
- A strong understanding of digital marketing strategies, and experience in coordinating with streaming and audience engagement platforms, labels, managers and artists on campaigns.
- Excellent knowledge of the digital music industry and its trends
- Demonstrated experience in directly managing and growing an international team
- Excellent organizational skills, highly process driven mind-set
- A solid network of industry-specific connections, including key contacts at digital music services and platforms, media, promoters, managers, labels, etc.
- Ability to interpret data to create actionable marketing programs, analyze prospective partnerships and existing client health / strategy
- A strategic thinker and the ability and drive to execute both marketing campaigns and commercial partnerships
- Persuasion and perseverance, combined with strong social and interpersonal skills
- Be a decisive and informed voice on artist / label prospective growth and opportunities that would inform commercial partnerships
- A high degree of initiative and flexibility and capable of working independently
- Ideally have a tertiary degree in music business, digital marketing or similar
- Fluent in English, verbally and written, Spanish or Portuguese are a plus
Who we are
- A growing company with strong ambitions.
- This role is part of a growing and resourceful international team, split between our HQ in Amsterdam, with offices in London, New York, Rome, Milan and representatives in Tokyo, Los Angeles, Seoul, Berlin, Paris, Rio and Sao Paulo.
- An international business environment, made up of colleagues and clients around the world with diverse backgrounds in music and tech.
Founded in 2006, FUGA build software and provides services for the digital music industry. We have an extensive and growing international network of clients and partners in more than 50 countries. We operate at the heart of the music. FUGA connects distributors and record labels with digital service providers like Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, Deezer and more. By doing so, FUGA enables its clients to optimize their business processes and successfully execute their release strategy. FUGA’s products & services provide a complete ecosystem for the digital product cycle. Clients manage, distribute and promote their music – and collect on their revenue.