Founded in 2006, FUGA offers distribution technology and services for the independent music industry. We have an extensive and growing international network of clients and partners in more than 50 countries. Our HQ is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, with offices in London, New York, Nashville Rome, Milan, Seoul, Tokyo, and representatives in Los Angeles, Paris, Germany and Sao Paulo.
We operate in the heart of the music industry. FUGA connects distributors and record labels with digital service providers like Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, Youtube and many more. FUGA’s products & services provide a complete ecosystem for the digital distribution cycle. Clients manage, distribute and promote their music – and collect on their revenue.
FUGA is looking for a Senior Operations Manager to lead our UK operations. Working closely with other senior managers within Operations and the wider business, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of our internal processes as well as parts of our client facing ones. Using your extensive operational and technical knowledge, you will work closely with the Global Head of Operations to help roll out new initiatives, products and services that will help create a global approach for how we onboard, support and manage our clients.
As part of the operations team you will:
- Oversee and run client onboarding and platform integrations, remaining focused on providing first class support throughout the project
- Work with the Global Head of Operations, as well as the heads of each team (Onboarding, Support, Content Ops and DSPs) to help draft a template for a unified global client onboarding and support process
- Be a key stakeholder in continued adoption of global operational process improvements
- Work with dealmakers to understand potential new clients technical and operational needs
- Using this information, ensure they align with our global procedures, or analyze them to see if they allow us to scale and/or expand the way in which we work
- Work with the Global Head of Operations to establish and track BI metrics/data that will help monitor new and existing KPI’s
- Working with the Client Relations team, help to cultivate and grow client relationships. Ensuring existing regional relationships remain strong
- Collaborate with the FUGA Product and Tech teams by gathering requirements for new features and enhancements that may increase efficiency of client onboarding and support procedures
- Manage the escalation and resolution of any high level and urgent technical, operational or business issues with other senior members of the organisation
- Establish and maintain operational contact with DSPs in the region to ensure smooth delivery pipelines and clear escalation channels
- Act as an escalation point for key operational client/DSP issues in your region and within the team
- Oversee day to day management of Operations team members in the regional office, in tandem with the global team managers (Onboarding, Support etc)
- Establish a training program for new team members as we grow in each region
Who you are:
To become a successful Senior Operations Manager you’ll need a mixture of technical, operational and people management skills. Combined with a client focused mindset and a passion for discovering and implementing cross team procedures and efficiency gains. The job will require you to look at metrics and data to help formulate our operational workflows and procedures. As we grow our regional teams you’ll manage new hires, and in certain cases will need to be able to effectively train, support and monitor their development. Ensuring they always follow our unified global procedures and are an active part in ensuring continued adoption of these.
Specific experience, skill sets and attributes we are looking for:
- At least 3 years experience working in operational teams in a client facing environment
- Experience working on API integrations
- Understanding of digital supply chain when ingesting and delivering music
- Focused and competent with the ability to work on deep technical and operational issues
- A solid understanding and appreciation of operational process, with a drive for continuous improvement and scalability
- Ability to work and lead under pressure
- Comfortable working with changing requirements
- Able to confidentiality troubleshoot/problem solve, as an individual as well as collaboratively within a team
- Clear and confident communication skills, especially when explaining detailed technical issues to internal stakeholders and clients
- High level organisational and project management skills