Senior Marketing Services Director – Americas at FUGA, New York City, U.S.
FUGA provides forward-thinking music distribution, technology, and marketing services to forward-thinking music companies. Working at the heart of the music industry with more than 800 clients, including Beggars Group, Epitaph, Naxos and Ninja Tune, FUGA is the world’s leading full-service B2B music distributor.
FUGA works at the forefront of music distribution technology, connecting its clients with digital service providers like Spotify, Apple Music, and Amazon Music while helping them get the most from their music, whether that’s with award-nominated label services, industry-leading revenue accounting, or using FUGA’s suite of best-in-class products.
Owned by Downtown Music Holdings, FUGA is an independent company and is one of the very few distributors to sit on the highest preferred partner tiers for all the major DSPs.
FUGA’s Marketing Services (MS) Team has been built to add value and solve problems for our vast number of clients by helping them connect their artists with audiences and create revenues and growth.
What You Do
The Senior Marketing Services Director, Americas leads and supports the regional Marketing Services team and our scope of work in marketing with clients in North, Central and South America. The role is instrumental in maintaining and strengthening our position in independent music distribution, along with continued establishment in growth areas.
- Oversee FUGA’s Marketing Services offering for our global client base throughout the Americas region
- Orchestrate how we advise a wide range of clients in release planning, DSP pitching and marketing campaign rollout
- Spearhead and deliver industry leading, innovative marketing campaigns with select clients
- Proactively provide insight, advice and creative strategic planning support to our clients in respect of their releases, catalog and revenue in the Americas region
- Communicate with client teams on a regular basis to review plans, contribute ideas and generally maintain a good working relationship
- Manage the Americas Marketing Services team (Marketing Strategy, Digital Accounts Strategy and Audience Strategy). Nurture a regional team who are able to strategize with clients and oversee campaigns on a global basis
- Represent key projects to the global marketing team and work collaboratively with other departments including Business Development and Operations. Monitor data to identify new opportunities
- Generate tailored marketing proposals and plans, and collaborate with internal teams on presentations for prospective and current clients
- Work with the Global Head of Marketing Services to safeguard and improve departmental processes to further scale performance across all our verticals
- Support the SVP, Americas and wider Regional BD team on prospective client pitches with presentation and discussion of marketing services, illustrating our capabilities and value proposition
- Regularly communicate with external parties and maintain high standards of relationship management
- Maintain high-level relationships with DSPs in the Americas and educate clients on new developments and opportunities
- Be a marketing thought leader and influencer with external partners and internally within FUGA and Downtown Music
- Work with SVP, Americas to raise FUGA’s profile through industry presence and events, with attention to marketing spotlight opportunities
- Recommend suitable prospective clients to Business Development
- Provide analysis, support and insights to the BD team to support new business efforts
- Collaboratively participate in periodic business review processes, tailoring effectively for the client based on goals, scope of work and artist activity
- Contribute to FUGA’s regional strategy and leadership for the Americas, bringing ideas cross departmentally to support our continued growth
Who You Are
- Proven, demonstrable and recurring success working within a label, artist management or music distribution company
- Passionate and knowledgeable about music and culture
- Excellent client service and relationship-building capability – always with a professional and confident demeanor
- Strong understanding of digital marketing strategies, and experience in coordinating with streaming and audience engagement platforms, labels, managers and artists on campaigns
- Excellent knowledge of the digital music industry and its trends
- Demonstrable experience in directly managing and growing an international team
- Exemplary organizational and communication skills
- Ability to interpret data to identify opportunities and analyze prospective partnerships
- Solid network of industry relationships and tastemakers, including key contacts at digital music services, social platforms, media, labels
- Strategic, innovative thinker with the ability and drive to execute both marketing campaigns and commercial partnerships
- Positive culture-bearer with a high degree of initiative and flexibility
Who We Are
- FUGA is an innovative music and tech company with strong ambitions
- Global mindset, local presence. FUGA’s head office is in Amsterdam, and additional locations include Berlin, Bogotá, Buenos Aires, Jakarta, London, Los Angeles, Manila, Medellín, Melbourne Mexico City, Milan, Mumbai, New York, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, Rome, São Paulo, Seoul, Singapore, Stockholm, Sydney and Tokyo
- An international business environment, made up of colleagues and clients around the world with diverse backgrounds in music and tech
Please note, this is a hybrid position that can be based in either New York City or Los Angeles. FUGA provides base salary ranges for all positions located in the United States at the time of posting. The hiring range for this position is $110-$130k annually.
As a candidate for this position, your salary and related elements of compensation will be contingent upon various factors including, but not limited to, work experience, geographic location and relevant skills.
Downtown is committed to providing a comprehensive market-competitive total rewards program for its employees which includes medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, 401(k) match and generous paid time off. This range does not include any other variable compensation components.