FUGA is a music company that operates at the heart of the music industry with impressive clients including Domino Records, Fire Records, Riot Games, Hospital Records, STMPD RCRDS, Armada Music and more.
FUGA connects these record labels, artists and distributors with digital service providers like Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, Google Music and more.
By doing so FUGA enables its clients to optimize their business processes and successfully execute their release strategy. FUGA’s products and services provide a complete ecosystem for the digital product cycle. Clients manage, distribute and promote their music – and collect on their revenue.
What you do
- Manage and negotiate DSP licensing deals for streaming and download stores, UGC services and FUGA partnerships.
- Assist the Head of Commercial Legal Affairs & Licensing with preparation of documentation for DSPs negotiations by analysing performance of existing deals, potential of new deals and providing key data to build arguments around. Building and maintaining relationships with DSPs
- Build and share insights and best practices based on deal performance and effectiveness; offer creative solutions
- Maintain and assist with improvements of internal cross-department collaboration especially with the DSPs/Statements/Sales and Marketing departments
- Work closely with internal teams including, legal, accounting, reporting and marketing to implement all deal terms
- Conducting business reviews to identify best ways to maximise clients’ connections with existing DSPs and revenues
- Market research and preparation of presentations
- Supervise creation and maintenance of DSP contract summaries
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree
- At least 6+ years of experience in online music licensing, in a professional environment of a major label, DSP or music tech organisation
- Ability to put together and analyse large amounts of data in support of negotiations
- Sound understanding of copyrights, legal issues related to DSP licensing and DSPs payments structures including PPS, PSM etc
- Strong negotiator with high attention for detail
- High project management skills and ability to work across multiple projects at once
- Strong Excel and Google Sheets skills with the ability to build and explain financial models
- Able to create and interpret DSPs reports
- Able to work with tools like Airtable, Jotforms and to create complex structures for data analysis
Knowledge of SQL is a pro
- Proactive approach with a strong inclination to improve existing working processes and develop new ones
- Fluent in English (both speaking and writing)