FUGA provides forward-thinking music distribution, technology, and marketing services to forward-thinking music companies. Working at the heart of the music industry with more than 800 clients, including Riot Games, Hospital Records, Epitaph, and Beggars Group, FUGA is the world’s leading full-service B2B music distributor. FUGA works at the forefront of music distribution technology, connecting its clients with digital service providers like Spotify, Apple Music, and Amazon Music while helping them get the most from their music, whether that’s with award-nominated label services, industry-leading revenue accounting, or using FUGA’s suite of best-in-class products.
FUGA’s Marketing Services (MS) Team has been built to add value and solve problems for our vast number of clients by helping them connect their artists with audiences and create revenues and growth. Sitting within the wider MS team, the Audience Engagement team’s core responsibility is to grow, engage & monitor our client’s artist’s audiences. This is performed in a number of ways including creating, marketing & optimising content as well as developing and implementing fan acquisition strategies across Digital, Promotion (PR, Radio, TV), and Licensing (Sync, Brand Partnerships).
The Audience Engagement Manager – North America works directly with the Marketing Strategy team and FUGA’s clients in North America to help shape, nurture and grow their artist’s audience in the Media and on Digital & Social platforms. You will provide world-leading promotional, digital marketing, advertising & social media strategies, using experience and expertise to formulate original and groundbreaking ideas to generate publicity and awareness, build audiences, engage fans, and drive sales and revenue for new releases and catalog titles.
- Contribute to the development of release plans in conjunction with the Marketing Strategy team encompassing pre-release planning, promotional coordination and marketing strategy in the digital space
- Establish and maintain successful marketing relationships with key social and content accounts in Nth America (Meta, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, etc) to maximize marketing and promotional activity for artists
- Oversee our Nth American digital advertising strategy and the company’s influencer & creator marketing strategy
- Work with the Marketing Strategy team to plan sponsored marketing spends with a focus on fan acquisition and engagement through a clear understanding of ROI
- Work with the Audience Insights Manager to gather and leverage insights on audience acquisition and engagement, using data to inform and evaluate our campaign strategies and approach. Provide growth statistics and audience analysis for our clients
- Work with our internal digital campaign manager to strategize advertising campaigns across Meta, Spotify, TikTok, YouTube, etc.
- Work with our internal design resource and external agencies / developers to ideate, build and evaluate digital campaign strategies and activations
- Work with our international team on digital strategy to help them build bespoke domestic campaigns to the nuances of their markets
- Drive D2C and eCommerce marketing opportunities in Nth America to maximize commercial potential
- Solid experience working within a label, artist management or music distribution company
- Passionate and knowledgeable about music and culture
- Excellent client service and relationship-building capability – always with a professional and confident demeanor
- A strong understanding of digital marketing strategies, and experience in coordinating with streaming and audience engagement platforms, labels, managers and artists on campaigns
- A good network of industry-specific connections, including key contacts at digital music services and platforms, media, promoters, managers, labels, etc.
- Broad knowledge of the digital landscape and consumer trends
- Experience with working across different time zones, and communicating across multiple organizational levels
- Ability to work creatively and collaboratively
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills that illustrate organization and attention to detail
- Team leader
What we offer
This role is part of a growing and resourceful international team, split between our head office in Amsterdam, satellite offices in New York, London, Paris, Milan, and with representatives in Rio de Janeiro and Seoul
An international business environment, made up of colleagues and clients around the world with diverse backgrounds in music and tech