- Identify artists showing significant engagement and growth using Instrumental technology.
- Outreach to new artists and undertake calls and or meetings to assess if that artist is the right fit for the frtyfve brand.
- Negotiate and contract artists
- Sign 10 tracks a month as a minimum to the frtyfve label
- Form partnerships with this talent across the label, publishing, blog and frtyfve socials.
- Assist with label administration including but not limited to:
○ uploading tracks to our distributor
○ registering tracks with PPL
○ writing and developing pitch information for digital streaming platforms
○ preparing performance reports across tracks released
○ monitoring the performance of the catalogue
○ informing marketing of increases in performance we can capitalise on
- Work with Head of Label to form strategic partnerships with management companies, indie labels & any wider partners that you think could be beneficial
- Develop and maintain strong direct relationships with artists and their teams
- Work closely with sync, publishing, finance and legal teams within frtyfve
- Monitor music industry trends and more specifically digital music trends which you think could be beneficial for the label and our artists
- Create engaging, social-first content to increase frtyfve’s digital presence & promote our artists releases – this may include editing and animating video content, graphics, GIFs and photography etc.
- Form strategic partnerships with key outlets to drive views/streams/downloads and wider revenue opportunities for our artists and the label. Partnerships to be across;
- Curators, Mainstream media, Influencers, Digital / Print Media, Music Supervisors, Key social networks, Radio outlets, TV Channels and shows, Brands and Digital Streaming Platforms
- Create & manage advertising campaigns across digital platforms
- Track frtyfve’s growth across all digital platforms and feed that data back into the team to ensure strategy remains agile.
- Where possible, integrate influencer marketing into digital campaigns and maintain a good knowledge of key influencers and trends within this space.
- Monitor applications, platforms, websites & brands that we could partner with/incorporate into our marketing strategies to grow the brand and our artists.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and multitask
- Keen and eager to learn in a fast paced environment
- Must be happy to work as part of a team
- Must be proactive and be able to manage your own workflow
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Degree not essential but must have an interest in the music industry/a basic understanding
- Ability to deal with clients and artists in a professional manner
- Must have a basic knowledge of excel
- Photoshop useful
- Working knowledge of social media management platforms
- Good understanding and experience using a variety of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Ability to use website editing tools
frtyfve records is an independent record label based in London, owned & powered by Instrumental , founded by Conrad Withey (previously President of Warner Music Entertainment) and Emma Banks. frtyfve is a digital & editorial driven record label, which empowers the independent artist.
Creating stories online and offline to help drive an audience, bring regular streams, downloads and revenue opportunities to our artists.
Our aim is to establish frtyfve as the champion of independent talent. Our goal is to challenge how labels operate in every department & provide a unique offering, putting artists at the heart of everything we do. We want to be a consistent, long term partner for artists providing an artist friendly, data driven and contemporary offering.
frtyfve successes include
- 2018 Christmas number 1 with LadBaby ‘We Built This City’
- Sophie Rose ‘Best Friend’ hit 18 new music friday playlists on Spotify & 9 ‘Best Of The Week’ playlists on Apple Music Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter.
- Applications must be received by Monday 15th April 2019