Snr Account Manager – FreshTracks UK
Location: Remote working in London or a TV production hub city such as Manchester, Bristol, Leeds etc.
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience and location.
Reporting to: Managing Director, FreshTracks UK
Closing date: 19th March 2023
FreshTracks is coming to the UK! We are a new technology-forward, fully independent production music publisher. While we are only putting our flag down in the UK in 2023, we have served some of Europe’s biggest broadcasters, production companies and ad agencies for over 30 years.
We are a team of 50+ across 11 countries in Europe and are now opening our first UK base, headed by John Clifford (previously Global MD, BMG Production Music). While our catalogue of hundreds of thousands of tracks from many of the world’s best production music labels is impressive, it’s our proprietary music search platform that really sets us apart.
- This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Music Supervisor/ Account Manager to join a hugely exciting and forward-thinking production music business in the early stages of its launch in the UK.
- We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about music as it applies to sync to introduce a new catalogue to the UK and shape FreshTrack’s future as a leading production music company and solution serving its clients on the best search platform in the world.
- It’s an opportunity to learn and grow – at launch of the new business, you’ll be working alongside a small but growing team of two Account Managers (one based in the UK and one based in FreshTrack’s HQ in Prague), led by our management team that collectively boasts many decades of experience in the global production music space.
- Beyond this role’s key responsibilities (see below), we are looking for someone who will take over the day-to-day running of UK sales and strategy over the next 12 months, assuming a Head of Sales role.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships within the UK TV community, including internal music, production and editing teams at the most prominent broadcasters, independent TV production companies, freelance producers and editors.
- Proactive creative / music pitches for TV programming, promos and some advertising.
- The strong relationships you have or build will be within the UK TV sector and need to be at every level to ensure the highest customer service and that
- FreshTracks Music is always the first choice for music users.
- Develop and maintain a regular contact and visitation cycle with your clients – including regional travel as appropriate.
- Be an efficient and knowledgeable technical support for clients with queries related to our website and music search platform.
- Communicating and collaborating with FreshTrack’s European team on multi-territory licensing deals.
- Attend key industry events and conferences.
- Supporting the Managing Director in achieving our business objectives. Assisting in planning, implementing, and driving all aspects of FreshTrack’s sales & marketing strategy.
- 5+ years of sales management experience, preferably in the music or TV industries.
- Proven track record of winning music pitches and preferred supplier deals.
- In-depth understanding of music rights and expert music knowledge.
- Excellent proactive customer service skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Passionate about music and technology; and is an integral part of the broader music for media community.
- A more than keen interest in music-for-picture and an obsession for how music ‘makes’ the scene with an even greater obsession for evangelising that to your clients on behalf of FreshTracks
- A creative person with commercial acumen and a business growth mindset.
- A personable and communicative influencer who leads with confidence and is passionate about being part of a team that delivers successful work.
- Has established meaningful relationships across the UK TV landscape.
- A willingness to travel within the UK and spend your days on the move.
What we offer
- Fast and mentored career progression.
- Competitive salary based on your experience and location.
- 25 days of annual paid leave + UK bank holidays.
- Soho House (or similar) membership to use as your mobile office, for meeting colleagues or entertaining clients.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 18th March.