Fox Rothschild LLP has an opening for a mid-level entertainment associate to join the New York, NY office.
The candidate will have at least three to five years of experience in the music industry. The candidate must be licensed to practice law in the State of New York.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An understanding of the music business customs and usage
- Transactional drafting experience
- Experience papering albums and tours including drafting producer and mixing agreements, side artist agreements, sample agreements, writer collaboration agreements, mechanical licenses, appearance agreements and synchronization licensing
- Experience drafting publishing agreements including co-publishing and administrative agreements
- Experience in digital and new media transaction and law
- Exceptional organization skills and the ability to juggle many matters simultaneously
- An understanding of the underlying basis for deals (Copyright, Corporate, Trademark, Publicity and Privacy)
The successful candidate will have excellent academic credentials, strong writing skills and experience in a law firm environment, record company, or publishing company.
EOE. We are currently not accepting resumes from search firms for this position.