Account Executive and Senior Account Executive
Fourth Pillar is the only strategic communications firm that specialises in supporting and advising companies in the business of music, ranging from publishers and record companies to investors, trade organisations and music tech companies.
We are looking for two enthusiastic and passionate self-starters keen to grow their career in public relations (PR) and communications.
About Fourth Pillar
Founded in early 2021, Fourth Pillar is led by two music and PR industry professionals who between them have worked in leading global PR agencies and high-profile music organisations for over two decades. Over the last 12 months, the company has expanded rapidly to provide expert corporate and financial communications counsel to a varied roster of international clients in the music industry.
Fourth Pillar has a committed and friendly team who are passionate about music and driven to contribute to the industry’s success. With exciting plans for the year ahead, we are looking to expand the team with both an account executive and a senior account executive who share our enthusiasm for the music industry and are eager to develop their PR and communications skills in an agency setting. We are focused on creating a team that delivers exemplary client service and is collegiate, flexible and fun to be part of.
Fourth Pillar is based in The Ministry, a shared workspace for the creative and technology industries located in London, SE1, which is part of the Ministry of Sound group.
Roles and Responsibilities
We are looking to grow the team at Fourth Pillar with two talented individuals looking to develop their careers in roles with wide ranging responsibilities.
PR & Communications:
- Support the development and implementation of engaging and impactful B2B PR campaigns across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Draft high quality copy for press releases, opinion pieces, company reports, position statements, social media and other such materials or platforms.\
- Maintain accurate media and influencer contact lists as well as an up-to-date events / milestones calendar across multiple sectors to support placements in print, broadcast and online media and a presence at important events.
- Build an extensive network of media contacts and liaise with journalists and influencers across international, national and trade media to pitch stories / interviews and respond to media enquiries.
- Take a proactive approach to forward planning by researching and identifying new media and public facing opportunities by staying on top of the news agenda and identifying new features, events and industry milestones.
- Contribute innovative ideas and insights as part of regular team discussions, contributing to the success of our clients and company.
Account management and administration
- Support the day to day management and administration of client relationships across a growing and diverse portfolio of businesses and organisations.
- Provide a comprehensive account management service, taking responsibility for the drafting of agendas and actions, status reports, coverage packs, briefing notes and other relevant materials.
- Support on issues management and work with senior colleagues to provide advice and develop strategies including any required written materials.
Business growth and development
- Leverage existing media and industry relationships and cultivate new contacts to contribute to new business development and network building.
- Make a positive contribution to the company’s ambitions and initiatives, promote and improve the way that we work as we continue to grow.
- Support senior management in ensuring company processes are in place and share ideas on how we can evolve these.
- Have a high level of enthusiasm for learning new skills from leading professionals in the industry and through formal training opportunities.
Qualifications and experience
- A minimum of 2 – 4 years’ experience in either the music or PR / communications industry
- A natural storyteller with strong written and verbal communication skills across a range of platforms.
- A keen interest in the music industry and media landscape, with an eagerness to learn and develop your communications and client management skills.
- Excellent organisational, time management and planning skills.
- An ability to build strong rapport and relationships at all management levels and work effectively within a small team.
- Strong initiative and a pragmatic ‘can do’ approach.
- High-level knowledge of working with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Great working knowledge of all social media platforms.
- Passionate about music: Punk or Pop, Blues or Bluegrass, Goth or Garage, anything goes!
- Knowledge of financial / investor communications; music tech; or experience in digital and social media marketing
We operate a hybrid model of working; this role will be part home-based and part office-based.
Applicants must prove that they have the right to work in the UK.
If successful in your application to Fourth Pillar, you can expect to be competitively rewarded for your hard work. In addition to what we offer in terms of salary and discretionary bonus, we also have an incentive scheme for bringing in new business, pension arrangements and flexible working. Employees will benefit from free access to The Ministry’s extensive facilities, including a full, state of the art gym, bar and café as well as a wide range of events and socials. An annual music allowance (e.g. for a digital music subscription or gig tickets) is also provided.
You will be joining a group of people who are proud to work in the music business, represent our clients, strive to maximise every opportunity and who genuinely enjoy working together.
Fourth Pillar is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com