Flymachine is pioneering the digital future of live events. A virtual venue for live entertainment, Flymachine combines community and live performance in a virtual space, delivering an evolution on the shared experiences of in-person events. For the first time, fans can choose how they experience live entertainment socially – from the comfort of home, with friends and fellow fans from around the world. Flymachine was conceived by the founders of Ticketfly, Superfly, [namethemachine], and ATC Management and is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area. For more information, follow us on Instagram, watch our launch video, or visit flymachine.com.
Who We Are
We’re a tight team of visionaries, creatives, techies, musicians, storytellers, entrepreneurs, dreamers, and doers — unafraid to do things differently and shape the future of shared live experiences.
- We know live. You won’t find a stronger, more-respected team with deeper experience and relationships at the intersection of technology and arts & entertainment. Industry veterans behind Ticketfly, Superfly, namethemachine, and ATC management sit at the helm, led by Andrew Dreskin, the “godfather of online ticketing”
- We believe in one another. Many of us built Ticketfly, the dominant music ticketing, and marketing platform. We chose to reunite and build a new band of all-stars to tackle the biggest, hairiest problem facing the live events industry today
- We’re not shy here. Our culture is open, collaborative, and supportive. We’ve got lots of opinions and personality, and we get our hands dirty even when we don’t have all the answers. Speak up, ask questions, and take risks!
- We make time for each other. Even though we’re spread out across cities and time zones, we make lots of time to connect, align, inspire, and enjoy each other. Weekly product demos bring our small wins and big breakthroughs to life and bi-weekly All-Hands meetings keep us informed about strategy and progress
- We’re all entrepreneurs. There’s no roadmap for what we’re building here. We’re self-starters with deep trust in each other and full ownership over making this business a success. No one’s looking over our shoulders
- We invest in great talent. Our growing team of all-stars enjoys competitive comp, generous equity packages, and top-notch medical, dental, and vision insurance
- We make fun a priority. Social distancing doesn’t mean we can’t get together. From group watch parties for the biggest livestreams to Friday afternoon Zoom Happy Hours, our crew works hard and takes time out to let loose. We even have a company cover band that’s looking for new members!
- At Flymachine, we are creating the digital future of live events where our partners will have access to millions of people every day.
The Role: Head of Brand Partnerships
You will own and lead the execution of Brand Partnerships by designing our strategy, executing the partnership plan and selling our vision to our partners. You will own the business line and be responsible for developing partnerships and value creation with the top brands and the biggest players in arts & entertainment, with an initial focus on music marketing.
You will need to work cross-functionally with the Marketing and Product teams to scope the features and functionality that will be built into the platform to enable sponsorships. Such features are a natural outgrowth of business strategy and products for integrated assets.
What you need to bring
- You’re a self-starter with entrepreneurial experience and a history of business-building. You have executed sales strategy and can influence top brands who are focused on building key alliances to reach music and arts fans around the globe.
- You’ve developed and executed brand marketing partnerships
- You have worked with partners promoting large events. You know how to build a winning experience for Flymachine and our partners who wish to build a brand in a digital world
- You have had a career designing and executing custom brand marketing programs that exceed expectations, drive results and create long-lasting partnerships with clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills as you will act as an evangelist for Flymachine at speaking engagements
- Help define and select media outlets like Billboard, Advertising Week, Media Upfronts, industry events etc. to get the story out and raise awareness of Flymachine’s platform. How can Flymachine share what their brand is up to?
- Our ideal candidate would have experience influencing the top players and brands who have been the biggest spenders in entertainment marketing. Relationships are important and you know it. You would have contacts throughout the industry
- You must have account management, business development, and sales experience as well as consumer engagement marketing, client/partner relationship management, branding, creative solutions, negotiation, leadership, budget management, consumer promotions, research, post evaluation. You will show why this is a ground floor/first market mover advantage for clients/brands
- You must understand the economics of the deal. Know how to use data to understand our capabilities to reach a motivated audience and be able to explain and measure the ROI to decision makers
- Sell Flymachine – our mission, vision, living cases, etc. Why Flymachine – how is this different from other digital streaming platforms? (Amex Unstaged, Vevo, YouTube, Facebook). Who is the target for Flymachine? What do we know about the target consumption of digital experiences and what are the assets?
- Promote white label/partnerships/strategic alliances with the top digital media clients such as Twitter, Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, Snapchat, Twitch, TikTok, and others
- Excellent leadership skills and experience. Must be entrepreneurial and have experience in building from the ground up.
- Execution of sales plan and activation/follow through
- Successfully worked cross functionally with product teams and marketing to develop future assets
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Established relationships and Industry contacts
- An incredible attention to detail, strategic thinking
- A self-starter who can seek out the people who will empower you to achieve your objection while building bonds that we hope turn into friendships
- Above all you must have a sense of humor and a passion for music and arts as well as the willingness to participate in our amazing culture.. We love nice people who care
What’s in It for You
- Flexible work hours and location, smart work from home policies
- Competitive compensation and generous equity package
- Start-up environment with minimal bureaucracy, a powerful team, and a proven playbook
- Immersion into innovative and progressive technology
- A high degree of responsibility and creative freedom
- Health, dental,vision and Life insurance for employees and dependents
- Open PTO policy
- 401(k) plan
Most of all, you will have a front row seat to amazing artists from around the globe!
Sound like a great fit? Let’s set up a call!
Reach us at [email protected]