Job Title: Arena Marketing Manager
Reports To: Marketing Director
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: FLA Live Arena
The Florida Panthers are a community focused organization lead by an authentic management team that served our country and now serves the South Florida community. The organization is on the rise and is experiencing success both on and off the ice.
Led by General Manager Bill Zito, the Panthers had their best start in franchise history. Off the ice, the business team is seeing growth across all key metrics including ratings, social engagement, and a busy 2022/2023 concert schedule.
Meanwhile the organization is expanding outside of FLA Live Arena, and are currently renovating the FTL War Memorial in Downtown Fort Lauderdale to build a new practice facility and concert venue.
FLA Live Arena is seeking an experienced individual to join a dynamic marketing team to promote all concerts and shows coming to our venue. We are looking for a knowledgeable and passionate music and events lover who is resourceful, motivated, committed, innovative, and approaches everything with a positive attitude.
The Arena Marketing Manager will be responsible for branding efforts and in-depth marketing campaigns in the South Florida market for FLA Live Arena events. The Arena Marketing Manager will hold a key role across the arena marketing team’s strategy, planning and execution with a strong focus on results.
We’re seeking an experienced marketing leader who is not afraid to push boundaries and implement creative promotions with media partners and third-party vendors to support artist and tour marketing efforts. This role will also drive our social media content, promote ticket sales and work with the Director of Marketing to continue to amplify fan engagement and grow the FLA Live Arena brand.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Support organizational planning and viral campaign development alongside the overall marketing plan and vision
- Analyze FLA Live Arena customers, ticketing, and third-party data to improve digital marketing campaign effectiveness and drive revenue
- Create partnerships and nurture relationships with third party partners in the market
- Research and follow current music marketing trends, venue marketing efforts and implement best practices in the day-to-day activation
- Build brand awareness and strategize cross-marketing opportunities between FLA Live Arena events, Florida Panthers, and third-party activations
- Create and manage brand voice on new and existing FLA Live
- Arena social media & email platforms
- Execute fan communication plans to ensure key event information reaches guests before each event on website, social, email & arena app
- Collaborate closely with various departments in the organization including PR, Community Relations, Grassroots Initiatives, Sales,
- Foundation, Operations, Sponsorships, and more
- Develop and execute creative proposals with media partners including radio, print, TV and OOH
- Assist Marketing Coordinator with day-of show activation set-up and press assistance
- Manage the implementation of internal & external marketing assets including video ads, print artwork, digital banners, billboards, radio spots, TV spots, and more
- Prepare and maintain project budgets, work closely with Director of Marketing and Accounting on post-show recaps
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Communications
- Experience in sports and entertainment marketing strongly preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years marketing experience in managing event marketing, brand awareness and sales campaigns, media buying, OOH marketing, paid social advertising and database growth
- Concert Industry knowledge & background required
- Proven ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, develop strategy, problem solve and execute day-to-day tactics
- Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Must have experience creating in-depth marketing plans while owning and overseeing multiple functional areas
- High level of interpersonal people skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong computer skills in MS Office: Word processing, spreadsheets, plus Canva or Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Must possess a positive, ‘can do’ attitude and be driven to achieve results
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is an exempt position. Must be able to work flexible hours, nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
At the Florida Panthers, Arena Operating Company, Panthers Ice Den, and Sanza Food Service we strive to make every employee feel valued and respected for who they are and the unique contributions they make. We believe that a diverse and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful company, which is why we aim to infuse diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) into all aspects of our culture and our business.
We welcome all to apply and join our team!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.