FiXT is seeking an experienced Synch Licensing Manager / Professional to become a key member of our team and develop our synch licensing department. In this role you will be responsible for synch pitching, focusing on exploiting our 2,750+ track catalog of masters and publishing while leveraging your existing network of synch clients and strategically growing FiXT’s network of potential clients, to increase placements in video games, advertising, film and TV. You will report to FiXT’s VP & Co-Founder, James Rhodes, as well as work closely with FiXT’s A&R and Marketing teams providing feedback for expanding FiXT’s repertoire from the label’s existing 30+ artist roster, along with new signings.
- This is a remote position, for a qualified candidate in the USA.
- 3 to 5+ Years of Synch Licensing / Music Publishing Industry experience REQUIRED
A final job title will be determined for this role, based on the candidates experience and relationships. The ideal candidate must be motivated to become an active part of the team to accelerate company growth, be extremely organized, and should be capable of multitasking and handling multiple deadlines simultaneously. Candidate must be a well-rounded, self-starter with a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
FiXT is an internationally recognized, independent, artist-owned record label with a roster of 30+ innovative, genre-bending rock, metal, synthwave and EDM artists, including Celldweller, Scandroid, Fight The Fade, Essenger, The Anix, Fury Weekend, Voicians, Circle of Dust, LeBrock, The Algorithm, Young Medicine and more. The FiXT catalog of 2,750+ tracks has garnered billions of online streams connecting with a core audience of gamers, sci-fi enthusiasts and comic book fans. Founded in 2006 by Klayton (Celldweller / Scandroid), FiXT serves a global fanbase of customers in over 130 countries. FiXT’s music has received over 1,000 Film/TV/Video Game placements, including titles such as: Avengers: Endgame, Blade Runner 2049, Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Westworld, Power Rangers, Lexus, Suicide Squad, Iron Man, Alien Covenant, Robocop, Jack Reacher, Deadpool, Lucy, Pacific Rim, PubG, Call of Duty, Assassin’s Creed, Dead Rising, UFC, NFL, MLB and more.
Company Core Values:
Integrity • Passion • Ambition • Excellence • Innovation • Empathy • Humility
- Expand FiXT’s synch licensing strategy to fully exploit our catalog of masters & publishing.
- Maintain and build a network of synch clients (production companies, music supervisors, editors, etc…).
- Liaise with and grow our network of external synch partners (licensing platforms, rep agents, co-publishers, etc..).
- Pro-actively reach out to potential clients to get on brief-lists and create pitching opportunities.
- Oversee incoming briefs and work with label team for creating pitch playlists.
- Quoting and negotiating licensing fees.
- Service new signings and releases to synch client database.
- Manage sales leads and pitching opportunities with applicable internal systems/CRM software.
- Meet with A&R Team regularly to create feedback loop of client needs to expand catalog repertoire.
- Meet with Marketing Team regularly to establish synch pitching targets (specific games/films and genres, etc…)
- Delivery regular reporting of pitching activity, sales leads and confirmed placements.
- Liaise with FiXT’s Admin/Finance & Royalties Team around licensing agreements, invoicing and royalties.
- Liaise with FiXT’s Distribution Team regarding catalog deliveries to applicable partners.
- Liaise with FiXT’s Rights Management Team around collection agencies/partner relationships and registrations.
- 3-5+ Years of Synch Licensing / Publishing Industry experience (Preferably at a label, publisher or music licensing company)
- An established music and synch industry contact list.
- Must be passionate about music and the synch licensing industry.
- Must have a positive attitude and be customer service oriented.
- Must be a culture fit with alignment to our company core values.
- Enjoy networking and socializing with clients and colleagues.
- Candidates who are passionate about and have established industry contacts with:
- Video Game Industry (VR games, music rhythm games, action/sci-fi games)
- Sci-Fi/Horror/Comic Book related companies across Film, TV, Games, Advertising
- Action Sports / Sports Networks / Fighting/MMA or Fitness companies/industry.
- Understanding of NFTs / Web3 / Metaverse
- Ability to prioritize work and work accurately under pressure of deadlines.
- Tactful, confident and have strong people and communication skills.
- Ability to keep up with fast-paced workflow.
- Persistence and follow through to achieve goals.
- Pro-active learner seeking continued self & professional development.
- Project/Task management software experience (Basecamp, Asana, TeamWork, etc…)
Salary: $45,000 to $65,000/year based on experience/relationships
Job Type: Full-time (40 hours/week)
- Sick/Vacation Time (80hrs/year baseline)
- Holiday Pay (6 observed paid holidays each year)
- Telemedicine Health Plan (no cost to employee)
- Flex Spending Account (employer funded base, with option for employee contributions)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance Policy (no cost to employee)
- Long Term Disability Policy (employer paid, no cost to employee)
- Voluntary Dental Plan (employee funded with pre-tax pay-roll deduction)
- Voluntary Vision Plan (employee funded with pre-tax pay-roll deduction)
- IRA Retirement Plan (with 3% match)