FiXT is seeking a forward thinking A&R Manager who is passionate about discovering and developing artists, to join our A&R team.
We are a mission-driving artist-owned record label, setting out to empower top talent artists (musicians/bands) to build sustainable careers in ways not previously possible to them, by putting a world class team around them, providing industry leading label services, and fostering lifelong fan relationships with a global audience.
This position’s responsibilities include support for our current roster as well as scouting for new signings, managing production projects, budgets and deadlines, finding collaborators, delivering masters with supporting credits and documentation, researching emerging trends, and championing the label’s music with internal and external teams. The position will report to FiXT’s President / Founder and A&R Director, Klayton (Celldweller), and work closely with FiXT’s Vice President & Co-Founder (James Rhodes), along with FiXT’s Label Manager (Heather Johnson), and Operations Manager (Kurtis Redden).
- Act as a key point of contact between internal/external teams and our artists.
- Scout for new artists to sign or collaborate with and research potential artists for culture, value and engagement fit.
- Research and report on emerging trends around musical genre-blending and production styles.
- Coordinate Artist schedules and maintain project production timelines, budgets and documentation/credits.
- Keep thorough documentation of communication and meeting notes in project management and CRM software.
- Maintain active communication with artist roster with routine check-ins via Discord and Zoom calls.
- Prepare weekly A&R meeting agendas, file-prep and presentation slides/notes for review with A&R team.
- Be an active participant in key Team, Label and Operations meetings, as well as an advocate for artist roster within Merch and Sync meetings.
- Leadership: Upholding FiXT’s vision, mission and values, supporting FiXT’s executive team to collectively lead artists/staff through company growth and evolution while creating/maintaining positive company culture.
- 3+ years of relevant music industry experience.
- Must display understanding/knowledge across metal, industrial, synthwave and EDM based music.
- Must have an ear for great songs and production quality.
- Must be self-motivated, trustworthy & display integrity.
- Must have a positive attitude and be service oriented.
- Must be discretionary and mindful of private/confidential data.
- Ability to prioritize work and work accurately under pressure of deadlines.
- Tactful, confident and have strong people and communication skills.
- Persistence and follow through to achieve goals.
- Pro-active learner seeking continued self & professional development.
Job Type: Full-time / Salary
- Sick/Vacation Time (80hrs/year baseline)
- Holiday Pay (6 observed paid holidays each year)
- Telemedicine Health Plan (no cost to employee)
- Flex Spending Account (employer funded base, with option for employee contributions)
- $25k Employer Paid Life Insurance Policy (no cost to employee)
- Long Term Disability Policy (employer paid, no cost to employee)
- Voluntary Dental Plan (employee funded with pre-tax pay-roll deduction)
- Voluntary Vision Plan (employee funded with pre-tax pay-roll deduction)
- IRA Retirement Plan with 3% matching contribution from employer
FiXT is an internationally recognized, independent, artist-owned record label with a roster of 25+ innovative, genre-bending rock, metal, synthwave and EDM artists, including Celldweller, Scandroid, Fight The Fade, Essenger, The Anix, Fury Weekend, Voicians, Circle of Dust, LeBrock, The Algorithm, Young Medicine and more. The FiXT catalog of 3,000 tracks has garnered billions of online streams connecting with a core audience of gamers, sci-fi enthusiasts and comic book fans. Founded in 2006 by Klayton (Celldweller / Scandroid), FiXT serves a global fanbase of customers in over 130 countries.
FiXT’s music has received over 1,000 Film/TV/Video Game placements, including titles such as: Avengers: Endgame, Blade Runner 2049, Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Westworld, Power Rangers, Lexus, Suicide Squad, Iron Man, Alien Covenant, Robocop, Jack Reacher, Deadpool, Lucy, Pacific Rim, PubG, Call of Duty, Assassin’s Creed, Dead Rising, UFC, NFL, MLB and more
Company Core Values
Integrity • Passion • Ambition • Excellence • Innovation • Empathy • Humility