We are looking for a highly organised and experienced A&R admin / label administrator to provide administrative support across all aspects of the label’s major functions.
The right candidate will have at least 2 years of experience in A&R administration and will act as a liaison between our management and A&R teams.
As the genre we work in is varied, an interest and knowledge of the music we release is important.
Given the right initiative there is scope to grow within the role and take on further responsibilities.
We are looking for someone who has strong communication skills (written and verbal) and has a proven track record working in a similar position.
Monday – Friday, 10am – 6pm with additional hours as required.
Key duties and requirements
- A meticulous eye for detail
- Administrating label for all independent releases including:
- Uploading release assets to distributors
- Logistical and administrative support relating to all aspects of a label’s major functions
- Obtaining AP2 licenses for physical releases and US Mechanical licenses as applicable
- Administrating filming / radio agreements + chasing, saving and logging footage
- Maintaining photo database & managing the associated rights management
- Obtaining, reviewing and filing producer deliverables, including masters, stems, session reports
- Working understanding of producer deals
- Managing label’s internal audio archive (eg. downloading and saving demos)
- Storage and filing of all label assets including videos, artwork and content
- Liaising with product managers to complete label copy and resolve publishing splits
- Compiling and soliciting approvals on label copy
- Managing mix and master deadlines
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Mac OSX. An understanding of video / audio / photo editing software a plus.
- Working at the beginning of the release process and assigning ISRC and UPC codes owned and some third-party tracks
- Obtain and distribute assets for our synch teams
- Ensuring label copy information adheres to current business standards and making amendments when necessary
- Entering label copy into database for US owned products in accordance with agreed timelines
- Entering and validating contractual digital clearances via the DRA application
- Ensuring all products released in the US are correctly registered with MCPS, the Official Charts Company, Soundexchange and PPL, working in conjuction with the UK team
- Entering performer details which do not appear on label copy, as required by PPL.
- Live performance submission claims at PRS
- Tracking recoupment positions across roster
- BMI/ASCAP/PRS Registrations for unpublished clients
- Resolving track and product queries including incorrect registrations at PRO’s
- Maintaining our repertoire database, cleaning up back catalogue data as and when required.
- Overseeing client applications to PROs as applicable.
- Working with the international delivery system to track and manage asset distribution
- Ability to manage the A&R admin and affairs on sample and side artist clearing
- Familiarity and relationships with “current” songwriters, producers, engineers (mix & master) & their managers / teams a plus
- Good relationships and contacts with key players at DSPs advantageous
- Interest in music and awareness of the music business industry and new trends
- Any other A&R admin duties as and when they arise
- 2+ years of experience in A&R or label administration
- Confident communicator
- Impeccable personal presentation and delivery
- Fluent in English. Other languages are advantageous
- Able to effectively manage requests from initiation to completion
- Able to prioritise work, meet deadlines, make decisions and communicate effectively under pressure
- Able to react and adapt quickly to new requirements and processes
- Good relationship builder
- Creative problem solver
- Strong organisational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong IT skills