Seeking Consultant: Senior Advisor – Tax, Valuation, and Mergers & Acquisitions
Engagement Duration: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
The Senior Accountant/Advisor will be responsible for providing expert guidance and support in the areas of tax, valuation, and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) to Firebird Music Holdings, LLC.
Tax Planning and Compliance:
- Lead a process to select a new tax advisory firm. Conduct a thorough review of the company’s current tax structure and identify opportunities for optimization. – Transition Firebird from current tax advisor to new advisor.
- Develop and document best practices for tax compliance and reporting – Assist in getting all 2023 tax returns completed
Valuation and Technical Accounting Analysis:
- Develop a standard set of documentation to be used in M&A transactions based on past materials (technical accounting memos, purchase price allocations, valuations)
- Perform valuation and analyses for the company’s acquisitions in 2023 – Develop and document best practices for valuations and technical accounting analysis
Advisory and Consultation
- Act as a trusted advisor to CFO and Corporate Controller, offering insights and recommendations related to tax, valuation, and M&A matters.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, regulations, and best practices, and provide proactive advice to mitigate risks and leverage opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field; CPA or CFA certification preferred.
- Extensive experience (15+ years) in senior accounting roles with a focus on tax, valuation, and M&A.
- Strong knowledge of tax laws and regulations, valuation methodologies, and M&A processes. – Proficiency in financial modeling and analysis.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. – Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
The Senior Advisor will report directly to the CFO and Corporate Controller, with regular communication and collaboration with cross-functional teams as necessary.