Location: New York City, NY / Los Angeles, CA / Nashville, TN
Start Date: Q3 2023
Firebird Music Holdings (FB) is an investment holding company that owns and operates multiple integrated businesses within Artist Management, Recorded Music, and Music Publishing. Firebird’s “true north” is close knit alignment with artists in order to foster long term, multi-faceted and collaborative relationships with its creative partners.
Firebird is focused on the synergies that exist between Management, Recorded Music and Publishing. Firebird is currently deploying in excess of $400m in growth equity while also building extensive operating capability to support its subsidiaries and portfolio companies.
In this role, you will support the Firebird Music investment team with research, analytics, and deal execution. You will report to the Director of Corporate Development and Director of Strategy and will work closely with the executive team on acquisitions, investments and strategic partnerships in various sectors of the music industry. You will be responsible for financial analysis, transaction due diligence, and transaction execution.
What You’ll Do
- Build and refine financial models (forecasts, transaction models, budgets) in the process of evaluating investments, acquisitions, JVs and other strategic initiatives including optimizing portfolio company performance
- Underwrite and analyze artist management, recorded music and publishing investment opportunities
- Provide quantitative underwriting support for Firebird’s portfolio companies, in addition to support in the negotiation process with artists and writers
- Lead due diligence work streams and act as project manager for transactions (i.e., business, financial, accounting, tax, legal DD)
- Gather and synthesize market intelligence to identify potential acquisitions and growth opportunities
- Develop competitive analysis of macro and micro trends impacting the music industry
- Break down complex financial problems into key factors and present findings to stakeholders
- Create insightful presentations summarizing data and financial analysis for senior management
Skills You’ll Need
- 1-3 years full-time work experience in a highly quantitative role
- Priority will be given to candidates with experience in investment banking/private equity and/or music industry corporate development/finance or business affairs
- Passion for and knowledge of music, entertainment, technology business models, and industry trends
- Quantitative precision and attention to detail; ability to produce complex analytical work with minimal supervision
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with a proven ability to collaborate with both business and creative people
- Outstanding communication skills, ability to communicate and interact with C-Level executives
- Highly self-motivated and proactive by nature with strong presentation skills