TITLE: Director, Catalogue Development & Marketing
REPORTS TO: VP and Head of Artist & Label Services
DEPARTMENT: Firebird Label Services
LOCATION: Remote, with London, UK preferred
ABOUT FIREBIRD LABEL SERVICES
The Firebird Label Services division provides Firebird Music’s artist, management, and label partners, as well as its wholly owned labels and repertoire, with access to all the resources needed to share their music with a global audience.
FLS offers recorded music strategy, distribution, release management, marketing & promotion, and more to meet its partners’ creative and business needs.
The Director, Catalogue Development & Marketing position will collaborate with Firebird’s artist, management, and label partners, along with our internal commercial team, to develop campaigns and strategies for on- and off- cycle catalogue priorities across genres, driving both exposure and revenue.
- Develop and execute campaigns and strategies for on- and off-cycle catalogue priorities
- Become an expert on our partners and their artists, including overall brands, past releases, marketing campaigns, social media presence, fanbase consumption habits, chart performance, and more
- Collaborate with Firebird’s digital and commercial teams to strategize, review, and engage around artist campaigns to maximize marketing visibility and measure KPI’s
- Create weekly performance reports for priority projects for use by internal teams and artist, management, and label partners
- Construct community/fan-building initiatives while brainstorming to implement exciting new content and activations
- You will develop ideas that create exposure for our artists and help them build real fan bases through performances, grassroots marketing, collaborations, promotional appearances, and more
- Organize, set up, and lead meetings for key releases including managing follow-up/action items
- Implement, organize, and execute creative marketing including the management of project budgets
- Develop new, tailor-made digital and physical catalog marketing campaigns for active frontline artists, and attend meetings regarding new releases in order to integrate catalog elements
- Maintain a database of anniversaries, milestone events, and other timeline-centric catalog marketing drivers
Identify viral moments and build campaigns that capitalize quickly on those opportunities
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIRED COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- You have 5+ years of experience in music industry marketing, project management, and/or sales and streaming, with a catalogue focus
- Have experience and flexibility with working across international time zones
- Showcase a strong knowledge for music across genres
- You are well versed in past and current popular music across all genres
- You analyze situations and formulate actionable paths forward
- You are detail oriented and able to take a broad overview simultaneously
- You have a track-record of productive relationships with artists, managers, and independent labels
- You are a collaborative and supportive teammate
- You are a clear and effective communicator with excellent writing skills
- You are a results-oriented self-starter… a starter and a closer
- You are well organized and flexible
- You are a problem solver who’s able to multi-task and stay cool under pressure
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Firebird is a diversified music company that empowers artists to accelerate and capture the full value of their content and brands.
Our platform has two operating units:
Firebird Management, where we serve as CEO of Artist Inc., drive artists’ careers as capital and business partners building brand extensions across consumer products, digital, media, live and more, and where we are evolving the model to participate in 100% of artist revenue streams and be an asset co-owner
Firebird Recorded Music and Publishing, where we power the creation of artists’ core enabling IP and participate as an equity owner
Firebird has centers of excellence in digital and marketing, data and analytics, consumer products, label services, and finance that support the artists we partner with in our operating units
Each operating unit is an entry point for a broader, aligned partnership with an artist across the entirety of their business.