Fire Records is looking for a highly motivated individual to fill the first of two newly created roles assisting the established press department at their new offices in the heart of Dalston, East London.
Recently the label has opened offices in New York and Bologna, and has expanded its reach into new territories and new markets including film and publishing. This new role will be based, full time, in the awesome new London office. The deadline for applications is 19th November, applicants should include both a CV and cover letter. Please email all applications to – [email protected]
Press Officer (full time, office based)
Fire Records is looking for a full time press officer to work with and assist the established press department, executing worldwide campaigns across the label group. The role will cover a variety of roles including National and Regional campaigns with a particular focus on mainland Europe, as such the position is suited to someone who can speak one or more suitable foreign languages. Applicants should have exceptional writing skills, along with the ability to organise their responsibilities across multiple campaigns. Candidates must be informed about current and historical music while being passionate about the current output of the label. Ideally the applicant should have at least a year’s experience in music PR or a related field, however all applications will be considered on their merits. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to develop their career and contribute at a fast-growing label group.
- Experience working in music PR, or a similar industry.
- Experience working on National and Regional campaigns.
- Some experience working on Foreign Language campaigns.
- Knowledge of radio, press and online publications, not only in the UK and US but also in mainland Europe.
- A creative and imaginative approach to the role, and the ability to implement your ideas into tangible and effective results.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual skills for relevant territories (Germany & France preferred).
- Meticulous attention to detail and a creative approach to solving problems
- Experience with Microsoft Office, and the ability to manage a busy email inbox and contacts database.
- Proven organisation skills, with the ability to multitask.
- A passion for music and an independent ethos.