The Fire Records Group is rapidly expanding and is seeking an enthusiastic and hard-working Label Assistant to join their growing team.
The successful candidate will work across all areas of the business and will directly assist the directors, business affairs and label manager to ensure the smooth running of campaigns and other label activities. A genuine passion for music and a strong work ethic is essential, along with a knowledge of the label. This is a full-time role and the offices are based in Stoke Newington, salary is dependent on experience.
The successful applicant will be joining an ambitious, creative team in London at one of the fastest growing, truly independent labels around. With various imprints, including new ventures into film and soundtracks, and different offices spread out between North America and Europe.
- Assisting across all areas of the business – from distribution and marketing, to office administration and publishing.
- Working with the label team to ensure campaigns run smoothly. This involves a range of responsibilities, from communicating campaign timelines to artists/management/distribution, to ensuring artwork and visual content is in place, to planning social media strategies and online marketing.
- Assisting in the archiving and maintenance of the catalogue.
- Updating and maintaining Fire’s catalogue on the internal database.
- Supporting distribution and direct-to-consumer sales.
- Attending shows, label markets and associated events on behalf of the label.
- Assisting the directors and label manager with a variety of projects from traditional album campaigns, to live shows, film shoots and administration.
- Basic office management such a filing, scanning and office supplies.
- Experience working in music at a label, distributor or similar company is essential.
- A creative and imaginative approach to the role, and the ability to implement your ideas into tangible and effective results.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office. Experience with Premiere Pro, Photoshop and other software is a plus.
- The ability to adapt to an ever-changing range of responsibilities and the drive and motivation to succeed in new challenges.
- Experience with Facebook Ad Manager, Google Ad Words and similar marketing tools is preferable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a creative approach to solving problems.
- Proven organisation skills, with the ability to multitask.
- A passion for music and an independent ethos.
- The candidate must be based in London or be willing to move there.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone who has experience of working in music and wants to take the next step in their career at a growing and truly independent label at the forefront of music.
Applications will be checked and interviews arranged as soon as submissions are received – applications close Monday 19th August. Please email cover letters and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org