The Fire Records Group is rapidly expanding and is seeking an enthusiastic and hard-working warehouse/mail order assistant to maintain the smooth running of the warehouse, organise the archive and look after all shipping logistics (direct to customers, distribution and artists).
The position is based in our Stoke Newington office, East London. This is a part-time role and the exact working hours are flexible – the role is ideal for anyone wishing the start their career in music and be part of a growing company.
The successful applicant will be joining an ambitious, creative team in London at one of the fastest growing, truly independent labels around. With various imprints, including new ventures into film and soundtracks, and different offices spread out between North America and Europe.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Mail orders: daily administrations of the websites, packing and sending orders
- Warehouse maintenance: Keeping the warehouse clean and organized, at time this will require some heavy lifting.
- Sales Administration: updating the websites, stock control
- Distribution: direct shipping to distributors and shops
- Artist liaison: liaise with bands and artists to plan and organise tour stock/sales
- Customer service
- Merchandising at gigs and other events.
- Prior experience at a label is not essential, but the successful candidate must be passionate about music and eager to be part of the label team.
- Previous customer service experience is preferable.
- Previous experience with bandcamp and any other direct to consumer platforms is preferable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven organisation skills, with the ability to multitask.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office.
- The candidate must be based in London or be willing to move there.
Although start date is flexible, the role can be filled as soon as possible – applications close Monday 12th August.
Please email cover letters and CVs to Jonathan@firerecords.com.